Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
I'd also add that the players don't have "happy clappy rose tinted spurs glasses" on. They see what is really happening. That's why its over.

Fans just want to keep Poch for one reason. Idiotic loyalty. Our form has been attrocious for about a year in the league. They lucky CL run covered it over.

If you looked at this Club's league form for the past year or so - objectively - you would all pull the trigger on Poch. You just have a misplaced loyalty. It's not your fault.
Unfortunately I think you're right. :(

Yes! YES! YES! The man is a proven winner. It's what the players need. A manager they can look up to and respect for his acheivements. They are sick of Poch and his non existent project, moods, mopiness. They know, the same that we all know that Poch has never won anything and he never will. They know that everytime we have been in touching distance of a trophy Poch has blown it.

If we get Jose in now we may still salvage Top 4 and would probably win the FA Cup too.

The man is a master.
At the expense of decent football.Not that it is too pretty to watch at the moment,but still.
I just hate the way his teams set up.The football bores me.
You are right about the winners mentality though.All the great manager had it and all say winning trophies becomes a habit.

No he's a fucking cunt. He's loved by Chelsea fans, he turned us down for them, has always looked down his nose at us. Now he's on the scrap heap he's interested. Well fuck him.

Unlike Poch, Mourinho has not turned his nose up at winning "minor" trophies like the Carabao cup.

That's because he is a serial winner who understands that those victories are vital in building a winning mentality at the club.

Poch on the other hand has coated off the domestic cups as not important and perhaps not suprisingly has won a big fat zero in his career and is now dealing with a team going backwards rapidly.

Michael O’Neil (NI Manager) is someone who’s starting to interest me, I think he is tactically brilliant and would love to see what he could do with really good players, but more importantly fit players.....
I watched NI go toe to toe with Germany and Holland over the past month, yes both ended in defeat but both had to work their bollocks off late in the game to get over the line, and it simply came down to fitness in the end, NI couldn’t sustain the press for more than 60 mins, they were spent.
This is a team made up from ageing players and more importantly lower league players, hardly a household name among them.
He seems to also understand his opposition and attack their weaknesses, something most teams do against us funny enough.

Anyway, he isn’t going to be a popular option, but given the choice between Southgate or a Mourinho I’d just as happily go for O’Neil.

GettyImages-10246232522.jpg

“I’ll will thank you in the fa cup celebrations”

I think with Mourinho we could actually win the FA Cup or - God forbid - Europa League if we drop down to that this season. That would do absolute fucking wonders for our morale and put so much moaning to bed (for a bit).

He'd be gone in a few years, yes, but as it is with Poch (whom I will always love and respect for what he has done with this club) we're not turning our current funk around. It's clear he doesn't have it in him and he and the players are rapidly losing interest and want out. It's just bleak watching us get schooled by every single team we play now. It's a battle between us and Man Utd to see who is going to drop furthest away from the top six this season and I just have zero confidence that he's able to turn it around. Our performances are getting worse.

So, yeah, hold our noses and get a proven winner in. He may have not done amazing at Man Utd, but a) he still won two trophies and b) that club is in a systemic free-fall decline that not even Football God (peace be upon Him) could save it from.

Last edited:
We need the opposite of Poch. We need a German coach. With no feelings what so ever. The Ivan Lendl of coaching. Only business, no pleasure. I don't know who. Stefan Billborn isn't German.

Michael O’Neil (NI Manager) is someone who’s starting to interest me, I think he is tactically brilliant and would love to see what he could do with really good players, but more importantly fit players.....
I watched NI go toe to toe with Germany and Holland over the past month, yes both ended in defeat but both had to work their bollocks off late in the game to get over the line, and it simply came down to fitness in the end, NI couldn’t sustain the press for more than 60 mins, they were spent.
This is a team made up from ageing players and more importantly lower league players, hardly a household name among them.
He seems to also understand his opposition and attack their weaknesses, something most teams do against us funny enough.

Anyway, he isn’t going to be a popular option, but given the choice between Southgate or a Mourinho I’d just as happily go for O’Neil.
The Knights of NI had a manager?

My Portuguese family will kill me but no. His football is dull, defensive and slow. He generally buys any success and doesn't seem to improve much players and his mind games are pretty much the opposite of how the game should be played. I don't know who but not Jose.

Back
Top Bottom