Would/have you ever tried influence someone into becoming a yid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Working on the wife. She's not into football except to support our national team but in principle wants Spurs to do well for my sake. Trying to get her to become a more active supporter.

My dad is spurs, so am I and now my son is.

What really annoys me is my nephew has gone full Woolwich retard. His dad, suddenly became a gooner about 15 years ago.......I have known him for over 20 years and he was never into football and has never been to a game. My ire though is my bloody sister should have stepped in and put a stop to it, but she just finds it funny.....

Absolutely! Trying to save a 4 year old from having an Ipswich fan as a dad. Oh, the horror!
Wow, what are the chances??? My 13 year-old Nephew's Dad is an Ipswich fan... needless to say my Nephew is now Spurs... been to his first Spurs game and everything!
What did Ipswich ever do wrong to us...?
(except sell us Dozzell & Cundy!)

I tried to convince my best friend at school to become a Yid. He was a United fan.

We lost touch for many years, and when we reconnected he was a season ticket holder at the Lane.

:pochsmirk:

My family are mostly Gillingham fans (apart from my dad, who decided to support Woolwich after I supported us), and an uncle I later found out was a Spurs fan. They tried to convince me to support my local team. I’ve never even been to Gillingham.

If anything, my local team would be Maidstone United (or at least it was when I didn’t live within walking distance of Bristol City’s stadium), and I hate Maidstone with a passion. Not the team. The place.

Nope wouldn’t want to have to convince someone to support Spurs. Part of me likes that we are not a brand as much as Liverpool, United or Woolwich or just plastic like Chavs and City.

Unlike lots of supporters of other clubs who moan about their shit fanbase, Woolwich being the main one I actually don’t mind our fanbase.

In some respects like a dog becomes like its master fans end up like their owners or their managers. Read a City forum and they think money is no object, a Woolwich one and success is supposed to be a god given right. Our forums sometimes read like an accountants, celebrating our yearly profit margins and talking about the market where we can’t afford to buy anyone as the value isn’t good for the price.

If I had a kid though, that kid ain’t getting any treats unless he/she is Spurs.

Last edited:
I would have put my foot down

No way would I have entered that fucking graveyard unless we were playing there

My son used to idolise Berba until he shit on us and then lost interest becoming a Rugby league fan

But back to the thread I have a mate who is a Spammer and detests the Dildo bros, Miss Piggy, the Stadium, Noble etc so I’m working on him!!!
Yeah right, like that's going to happen!

You - having a mate??

(KIDDDDIIINNNNNGGGG!!! :):):) )

Use a bit of creativity, tell him Wenger killed Santa, or the ground is haunted, or their shirts are made from the blood of puppies. I'd never take my kid to that shit hole
The actual story of Henry Norris should be bad enough if you tell it properly.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...rst-Woolwich-enemy-who-would-be-king-highbury

https://talksport.com/football/2836...e-tottenham-were-relegated-1919-180208254601/

school friends, my 3 kids, various wives and girlfriends, anyone I meet abroad who knows what a football is. Good job I'm not a Jehovah's Witness.

Although some of the jobs there could be fun

model-dedicates-life-to-jehovah-fashion-model-heather-farrar-prepares-picture-id502260917

My sister and her husband are pretty anti football, which is fine.

However their son is 9 years old and is influenced by his friends who like football.
I’m leaning heavily on him, but his friends are a micture of spurs and Woolwich fans!
Could go either way!

I’m favourite uncle though, might let it slip that day trips and Christmas presents will be curtailed if he goes down the wrong path.

Got to be worth an investment in a pair of Spurs pyjamas

:tobyarm:

Yep converted quite a few mates from different corners of the globe to the mighty spurs. Also managed to convert my mates son to a yid (his dads a Gooner) and one of my students who is from a big gooner family. COYS LIFE

When I met my Mrs in 1986 her 7 year old son (now my 39 year old stepson) supported woolwich & Everton i soon got him off the gooners and it took another 3 years to get him into spurs,took him to the Everton game at the lane in 89 a week after the Hillsborough tragedy and he's never looked back a fully fledged Yid COYS

My mum supports Manchester United but I'll let her off because she's Irish. They all support either them or Liverpool. My Nan supported Millwall because it pissed my grandad off. Other than that everyone in my family supports Spurs. I am not exaggerating to say that if I had supported another team I don't think my dad would talk to me. People who aren't into football will justifiably think this is all absolutely mental.

Friend of mine is a ManU fan. Bought his newborn a Spurs sleeper, put in a note from the baby that said "Daddy please don't make me wear red."

Soon to be missus has suggested (of her own free will, the fucking beaut!) to enter our wedding reception in a few weeks to that gorgeous Manilow track. That's how it's done, she's definitely a keeper.

My neighbours son is like 8 and supports United, City, Woolwich, Chavs and Spurs. I think West Ham too cos his dad.

I don't think they make casts strong enough for my hand after I slap the shit out of him

Back
Top Bottom