Wolves (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two players I have been critical of in the past have really stood out for us this season.
Lamela and Sissoko are both in fine form. I didn't expect these contributions, but I'm over the moon we're getting them.

Their forwards had free reign down the wings. Usually, your wide midfielders help your full backs out defensively. I am not defending Trippier, I thought he was awful, but the tactics made things worse.

Bread and butter for Dembele, Wanyama and Dier. At times today Winks and Lurch played like they were on a school field trip searching for rare butterflies.

It was an understandable sub though Vince. Poch is often accused of sentimentality, but that was a hard-nosed decision. Whether it came off or not is definitely up for discussion.
Agreed. The sub was understandable, and nothing like the stigma of beingbsubbed on and then off again. Even that absolute cunt Neville said as much.
But Son did look fucken ragin

Yes there is. It’s a set of rules agreed upon. Just because our American friends have got a bit uppity over certain words doesn’t change that. Just because we can make our feelings known with sign language that doesn’t mean we should revert to it. It’s only because the majority can spell reasonably correctly that misspelling is understood in the first place.
DCI Joe Clash on the scene
:adesalute:

Isn't Serge better that Trippier!

The problem is Poch won't drop players easily

Lovren was destroyed by Klopp two seasons ago when they played us, and not by the way Lovren played against us.

Think about that the next time you want to throw one of our players under the bus for one poor move. Poch may well be pissed with Trippier, but he will sort that issue out internally. Look at the way he moved Foyth into midfiled. He could have hooked him but he didn't.

We should win as a team, lose as a team and play indifferently as a team. Indeed Poch does not drop players easily, something that i think is a good thing, motivates the team as a whole and is partly the reason for the stunning progress that he has made since he joined the Club.

Think about the players causing issues that he has stuck by:

Lloris (DD)
Dele (sent off for the punch)
Toby (Contract)
Rose (Transfer policy)
Dembele (wanting to leave / contract)

To my mind Tripper was playing with the freedom and without fear that Poch wants to see, and although he made a mistake, overall he is a damn fine PL wing back.

Back
Top Bottom