Wolves (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to Wolves. Lesser teams would have folded at 3-0. Would have been terrible for Foyth if Wolves has got back to 3-3 so hopefully he can put this behind him and move on. At the end of the day it’s another win.
Yeah, compare them to Huddersfield who have never tried an iota against us...

I'm not having that...are you really watching our games? Do you ever see all the niggling fouls on the oppo around the halfway line, ever noticed Kane shielding the ball in their half just long enough to get a contact and then go down to win a cheap free kick, ever wondered why Dele gets booed so much by away fans? Lamela....I mean...fucking Lamela....

This is the truth. Lamela, Vertonghen and Dele are all card carrying villains. Kane isn't quite up with them, but he'll do his fair share of shit to win set pieces.

Sikth. Great band.
HYDT18SIKHBAND_GT113Q4ER.1+HYDT18SIKHBAND.jpg

I'm not having that...are you really watching our games? Do you ever see all the niggling fouls on the oppo around the halfway line, ever noticed Kane shielding the ball in their half just long enough to get a contact and then go down to win a cheap free kick, ever wondered why Dele gets booed so much by away fans? Lamela....I mean...fucking Lamela....

Certainly a few of our players can do it

We won't have many tougher away games at a club outside the top 6.

Glad to get away with 3 points and scoring 3 goals is always promising. A lot to come away with and learn from but the fact we didnt have Eriksen, Vertonghen and Dele from the start, who are 3 of our most important players shows how good we actually are..

We may not be playing our best for 90 minutes at times this season but some of the goals we are scoring are excellent team play. The second goal against PSV and the second goal yesterday were Tottenham of old and if we can get everyone back fighting fit and show some more consistency, we'll have a great season.

I disagree completely. The set of rules agreed upon is the dictionary. ‘Fucking’ and ‘fucken’ don’t even sound the same - they’re different words like ‘fuck’ and ‘feck’.
-There are numerous dictionaries and they're not identical. Plus the work of a dictionary is to collect the meanings they find in use, not to tell people which meaning is proper

-In some countries following The Enlightenment they created official language institutions (like France), they tried codifying languages but they find themselves chasing the native speakers constantly (e.g. the French spelling reform two years ago).

-don't quite get the thing about sounding the same and meaning. two words can be written in the same way but pronounced differently (US to UK version of herb), two words could be written differently but denote to the same meaning 'pants'-'trousers'. The point here is the 'fucking hell' and 'fucken hell' mean exactly the same thing.

-most academic linguists would even doubt the existence of solid grammar for a language let alone rigid spelling rules, the only interest in misspelling is when it is accompanied by some learning disability (knowing the specific lingual conventions but failing to implement them).

-fucken and fucking are different words, the point was that none was more valid than the other to use. you don't err when you write fucken and you're Scottish, like the American doesn't err when he says gas instead of petrol.

-I'm not a native English speaker but I'm guilty of doing this in Hebrew. Correcting spelling 'mistakes' is often a condescending act that allows you to humiliate and disregard the other side without actually listening to what they had to say. Someone is not inherently stupid because he writes 'innit', and spelling correction is a social tool for silencing them or others.

-There are numerous dictionaries and they're not identical. Plus the work of a dictionary is to collect the meanings they find in use, not to tell people which meaning is proper

-In some countries following The Enlightenment they created official language institutions (like France), they tried codifying languages but they find themselves chasing the native speakers constantly (e.g. the French spelling reform two years ago).

-don't quite get the thing about sounding the same and meaning. two words can be written in the same way but pronounced differently (US to UK version of herb), two words could be written differently but denote to the same meaning 'pants'-'trousers'. The point here is the 'fucking hell' and 'fucken hell' mean exactly the same thing.

-most academic linguists would even doubt the existence of solid grammar for a language let alone rigid spelling rules, the only interest in misspelling is when it is accompanied by some learning disability (knowing the specific lingual conventions but failing to implement them).

-fucken and fucking are different words, the point was that none was more valid than the other to use. you don't err when you write fucken and you're Scottish, like the American doesn't err when he says gas instead of petrol.

-I'm not a native English speaker but I'm guilty of doing this in Hebrew. Correcting spelling 'mistakes' is often a condescending act that allows you to humiliate and disregard the other side without actually listening to what they had to say. Someone is not inherently stupid because he writes 'innit', and spelling correction is a social tool for silencing them or others.
Sorry but everything you said proves that you don't have any grasp of the issue at all.
No-one is trying to correct his spelling - because we know fine we'll that he knows how to spell .

I agree with you on the players you’ve mentioned. But a lot of our squad just don’t get it. Trippier, eriksen and Davies big culprits at times.

Sorry but everything you said proves that you don't have any grasp of the issue at all.
No-one is trying to correct his spelling - because we know fine we'll that he knows how to spell .
I know he does, he just chooses to write like a working class Scot. I don't see what's the fuss about it

*well. annoying innit?

Big fan of Sonny, but the call to take him off was the right one, and his reaction I also would say is totally natural. He's smart enough to know that he was off his game today, and will improve sooner rather than later.

Lamela just getting better and better. Was very suspect of Eric after his injury, but he has been a revelation. Lucas did some good things today and is always a handful. Hugo, ... great saves under pressure. Trip's needs a break to be fair. Will do him the world of good.

How good is it to see Christian back. ? Gritty, tense win, but 3 points banked.
Don't be ridiculous. I wanted to rebut on just about end of every sentence but I don't have that much time.

Back
Top Bottom