Wolves (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Another tough match. Although Wolves lost to Brighton, they had 20+ shots, they were hit by a sucker punch.

They have a talented team, and we need to be at our best. Traore, Neves and Mourinho can all cause problems.

3rd match in 6 days so it was good that Kane, Toby and others got a rest midweek, whilst Eriksen, Son and Dele got minutes.

- Lloris -
- Trippier - Sanchez - Toby - Davies -
- Winks - Dier - Eriksen -
- Lamela - Dele -
- Kane -
It’s finally showing we have depth, with Lucas, Son and Dembele all on the bench.

I’m flying over from Dublin for this one, mate of mine’s dad is a die hard Wolves fan so i’ll be in with my mate and his dad with the wolves fans :pochrolleyes:

Looking forward to it though, should be a good open game, they play some decent stuff! Very encouraging to see Alli, Eriksen and Son back and firing.. I think we can really push on now. Going 3-1 win.

I’m flying over from Dublin for this one, mate of mine’s dad is a die hard Wolves fan so i’ll be in with my mate and his dad with the wolves fans :pochrolleyes:

Looking forward to it though, should be a good open game, they play some decent stuff! Very encouraging to see Alli, Eriksen and Son back and firing.. I think we can really push on now. Going 3-1 win.
My wife is going to Dublin as well :deledoubt:

This won't be easy at all.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Davies
Sissoko - Winks - Dele
Lamela - Kane - Eriksen
Is how I'd go but I'm confident Poch will start Trippier at right back, one of Dier/Wanyama as holding midfielder and Lucas or Son will be in there somewhere.

Absolutely frightened at the prospect of Traore vs Davies. But I think we SHOULD have enough to beat them. They're very well organised, play good football and more important want to play football so should hopefully be good for us.

Think we'll sneak with a 0-1.

--------------------Lloris-------------------
--Tripps--Foyth--Toby--Davies--
---Sissoko---Winks---Eriksen---
--Lamela------Kane------Moura--

Anyone agree on this?

Is Dier fit? said to be injured for Spammers game. Can Sanchez play a 3rd game in 6 days? Are Dele or Eriksen fit enough to start another game?
Without these answers it is difficult to pick a team.
Foyth cannot play in CL and after his performance perhaps Sanchez may be rested as he is needed for CL.
Await press conference before picking team but do not expect much change from team v MC.

Davinson - 3rd match in 6 days and then PSV Tuesday, surely rest him now? That would be 5 in 14?

Foyth looked very composed, I'd like to stick with him for Wolves.

Lamela can do what, a game a week? I'd keep him on subs bench, he ran his arse off against City. Presume he'll feature for PSV too.

Resting Dav means we can't do back 3/5. So he'll go with Trippier again in a back 4. How pacy are Wolves down their left? And their left with Davies there?

I'd like:

Hugo
Aurier
Foyth
Toby
Davies (Rose not fit?)
Mousa Dem
Winks
Eriksen
Moura
Dele
Kane

I think he'll put Trippier in, and not play Foyth.

Davinson - 3rd match in 6 days and then PSV Tuesday, surely rest him now? That would be 5 in 14?

Foyth looked very composed, I'd like to stick with him for Wolves.

Lamela can do what, a game a week? I'd keep him on subs bench, he ran his arse off against City. Presume he'll feature for PSV too.

Resting Dav means we can't do back 3/5. So he'll go with Trippier again in a back 4. How pacy are Wolves down their left? And their left with Davies there?

I'd like:

Hugo
Aurier
Foyth
Toby
Davies (Rose not fit?)
Mousa Dem
Winks
Eriksen
Moura
Dele
Kane

I think he'll put Trippier in, and not play Foyth.

Not particular quick down their left - they have some decent technical players in Jonny and Jota who could cause Trippier some problems (though may also give him lots of space to attack) - but they are very very quick on their right with Helder Costa or Adama Traore, who is probably the fastest player in the Premier League.

He'll need some help.

Just realised they've lost their last 2 games in the league and haven't scored in any of them. I hope Poch is studying those games to see what caused them problems. In fact, checking out the league table is general, they don't see to score many goals at all. Just 9 goals in the opening 10 games so far, which is no more than West Ham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Southampton or Palace.

However, they've only conceded 9 goals (with 3 of those coming in their last 2 games). Only City, Liverpool, Chelsea and us have better defensive records. Will be a very very tough game, they did draw away at Old Trafford and also drew with Man City.

I would go with: Lloris - Trippier, Foyth, Toby, Aurier - Winks, Dembele, Eriksen - Son, Dele, Kane

Give a rest to Sanchez, Davies is poor and that attack is scoring goals for sure.

Back
Top Bottom