What the Fack we gonna do?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They gave him a 6 year deal, apparently they are in for the long haul.
I wouldnt be surprised at all if he put together a Graham MKII team, but Id be astonished if he won the league with it.
In his career so far he has bottled every big game, and the likes of City and Chelsea are simply much better than a GGMKII best 11.
I don't think the deal is indicative particularly. Don't get me wrong, I'm no admirer of his teams playing style at Everton, other than to appreciate that it was an obdurate and tough to best outfit. With Manure he will be able to replicate that but pepper it with the likes of Rooney and RVP.

This year has been so horrifically shit on all fronts, and now even the football/spurs front I think I may buy some good old durban poison to subdue me for the entirety of sunday...

I don't think the deal is indicative particularly. Don't get me wrong, I'm no admirer of his teams playing style at Everton, other than to appreciate that it was an obdurate and tough to best outfit. With Manure he will be able to replicate that but pepper it with the likes of Rooney and RVP.
I do, its rare for a deal to be so long for a new manager. Though I think it is only indicative of the intent to see it out, whether they have the stones to actually see it out is another thing entirely.

With ManU I think he will drop them to our and Liverpool sort of status, second tier and in the running for the top 4 - I dont think he will get them anywhere near a title challenge

Don't Panic!!!
Clive_Dunn-1973.png

I personally want an Italian or Dutch manger.
Bring Marcello Lippi to Tottenham.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why because they are Dutch or Italian does it make them more likely to be successful that say Russell Slade at orient?

In fact that's who I would go for.

Sometimes I wish monday wouldn't even be there but thats a story for another day. Tomorrow is the beginning of my holidays and the ex wife has the lighty for a week so I can enjoy the game win or lose from the comfort of my couch with a big fat bat and a bottle of whiskey. If I create my on positivity hopefully the world and spurs will follow suite.

Why because they are Dutch or Italian does it make them more likely to be successful that say Russell Slade at orient?

Does it have to make sense (to you) ? It's just my preferred style of manager. Especially Italians... I would have Roberto Mancini, Fabio Capello. I would even have Giovanni Trapattoni. Its my opinion. I also like others, Hoddle for one.

If you want a lower league appointment Id prefer Dyche at Burnley.
Did quality work at Watford on a shoe string. Inexplicably sacked, went to Burnley and with a threadbare squad has them playing some really good stuff.

Seems a good man manager as well as a very decent bloke.

Does it have to make sense (to you) ? It's just my preferred style of manager. Especially Italians... I would have Roberto Mancini, Fabio Capello. I would even have Giovanni Trapattoni. Its my opinion. I also like others, Hoddle for one.

Ahhh I see. You are just a fan of turgid, defensive orientated football.

That's cool. That's cool. I was just struggling to understand what you meant from your post.

If you want a lower league appointment Id prefer Dyche at Burnley.
Did quality work at Watford on a shoe string. Inexplicably sacked, went to Burnley and with a threadbare squad has them playing some really good stuff.

Seems a good man manager as well as a very decent bloke.

Haven't seen much of Burnley tbh but orient play excellent football too.

Sometimes I wish monday wouldn't even be there but thats a story for another day. Tomorrow is the beginning of my holidays and the ex wife has the lighty for a week so I can enjoy the game win or lose from the comfort of my couch with a big fat bat and a bottle of whiskey. If I create my on positivity hopefully the world and spurs will follow suite.
th
essays-fine-old-south-african-brandy-bot1950s-main_image-250.jpg

It has to be capello, think about it, all this shit started snowballing from the day he quit the England job, he's been playing the long game.

Haven't seen much of Burnley tbh but orient play excellent football too.
Absolutely. Somehow Slade has even got Kevin Lisbie scoring goals!
However, league 1 to the premiership is a huge huge stride. Championship to premiership is big enough.

I encourage you to pay some attention to Dyche/Burnley, it seems you are interested in the lower leagues. he comes across very well and Burnley are now a good team to watch.

Absolutely. Somehow Slade has even got Kevin Lisbie scoring goals!
However, league 1 to the premiership is a huge huge stride. Championship to premiership is big enough.

I encourage you to pay some attention to Dyche/Burnley, it seems you are interested in the lower leagues. he comes across very well and Burnley are now a good team to watch.

Will definitely have a look now. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom