What the Fack we gonna do?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sell Naughton and Gomes, with whatever money that is fly to Amsterdam and hand that amount in cash to Frank De Boer and say - come with me I have more where that come from

If I was Levy I would be going all out for Frank de Boer to take over right now. Ajax have just been knocked out of the champions league and maybe he would be tempted? We have a (potentially) outstanding squad with two of his best former players and he could really take us places. Realistically though I think we'll either stick with Sherwood or Hoddle for the season and get someone next year, bad idea in my opinion - transition after transition.

With regards to transfers, other than a left back and a striker, I would buy nobody and get the manager to show us how he can get the best out of these potentially world class players - hence why I'm so for De Boer.

Only one man we can call upon on hard times like these...

gallery_2_5_1470442.gif

If I was Levy I would be going all out for Frank de Boer to take over right now. Ajax have just been knocked out of the champions league and maybe he would be tempted? We have a (potentially) outstanding squad with two of his best former players and he could really take us places. Realistically though I think we'll either stick with Sherwood or Hoddle for the season and get someone next year, bad idea in my opinion - transition after transition.

With regards to transfers, other than a left back and a striker, I would buy nobody and get the manager to show us how he can get the best out of these potentially world class players - hence why I'm so for De Boer.
I'm on board with anything that could help keep Jan at the club.

to answer the thread question, the only thing we can do sit back and hope little doctor evil blindly stumbles across a decent manager to get us out of this cluster fuck

then watch as he undermines him and then fires him in a season or 2 :lennon:

I didnt think it'd ever come to this...

I shall take the job.

I shall make the players run about a bit.

I shall like CHICKEN BADGE

I'll say it. We are missing Clint Dempsey. We have all this skill but no finishing ability, we need one component of finishing ability with no skill. We haven't got a scrappy goal all season. We need the king of scrappy goals back. #NotBiasAtAll

It has to be capello, think about it, all this shit started snowballing from the day he quit the England job, he's been playing the long game.

I think in our current predicament he's about the best we could hope for unless we go the lower league rout which again is a big gamble. Mancini aint ideal but he's not shit and has plenty of experience to get us out of our current shithole and moving forward again. He'd be infinitely better than going the Sherwood or Hoddle rout.

I agree he would be a massive improvement on Hoddle/Sherwood, but then so would a speak-&-spell.

I dont think Mancini offers us anything we want though. No charisma, poor man manager and certainly not an attacking style of play.
The only thing he has going for him is experience, but that is experience of being at the best/richest clubs in his league, not of digging himself out of trouble or taking a team to the top from below.

Genuinely I dont think he would be a good candidate for us AT ALL.

In fact even with their considerably less experience I would prefer De Boer or Pochettino to him without hesitation.
Both will get us playing more akin to what we want, both are used to working with constraints and with smaller set ups/expectations.

Fat spanish waiter for me.
as Del boy would say (if he dabbled in Spanish) #mondieu!

:harrylol:
Funnily enough, I don't think we're that far off in theory from Benitez's most successful formation with Liverpool (when they finished 2nd), in attack at least if you reverse left and right:

------------Spearheading striker (Torres = Soldado)
Hardworking wing forward (Kuyt = Chadli) ---- Goalscoring AM (Gerrard = Eriksen) ---- Playmaking winger (Benayoun = Lamela)
Pure DM (Mascherano = Sandro) ----- Deep playmaker (Alonso = Capoue/Holtby)

The problem there is one of quality and goals - none of our options actually score as much as their Pool counterparts, and it's painful to put Capoue and Holtby even in the same sentence as Alonso even though they are our most creative/'visionary' passers in CM. And that genius "switch" or "conductor" in Xabi Alonso was absolutely critical - very few players in this world are better at transitioning from defense to attack. But you get the idea - there's a very clear divide between the attacking and defending units, and it's front-facing and counterattacking, the style Soldado and Lamela have flourished in.

I'm not saying Benitez is right for us but I do have to say that I've seen few teams more ruthlessly destructive, attractive, and fluent at sweeping away sides than that that Liverpool team. They had a rare kind of chemistry for a few months before it all went to pieces with Alonso's departure, so I completely understand why that RAWK set fantasizes about "Rafa" so much.

The solution is simple. Levy will turn to the man who repeatedly sliced us open, strung us out, and played with our guts in a show of tactical genius and team togetherness, the man who repeatedly identified the strengths within his team and the weaknesses in ours and successfully dicked us 1 - 5 at home (on aggregate). Yes, he'll turn to big fat Sammy (Allardyce).

Fat Sam will then lose his first game, and win the next one 7 - 0. We'll all be up and at 'em only to watch as Big Fat suffers a heart attack which ends his career.

#spursy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom