What the Fack we gonna do?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manager / Coach?- who?
Immediate appointment or caretaker till the end of the season?
Transfer Window? - another overhaul?
Minor adjustments / who?
Most importantly, put downs I can use on facebook against ham cunts gloating.

If I was Levy I would be going all out for Frank de Boer to take over right now. Ajax have just been knocked out of the champions league and maybe he would be tempted? We have a (potentially) outstanding squad with two of his best former players and he could really take us places. Realistically though I think we'll either stick with Sherwood or Hoddle for the season and get someone next year, bad idea in my opinion - transition after transition.

With regards to transfers, other than a left back and a striker, I would buy nobody and get the manager to show us how he can get the best out of these potentially world class players - hence why I'm so for De Boer.

If I was Levy I would be going all out for Frank de Boer to take over right now. Ajax have just been knocked out of the champions league and maybe he would be tempted? We have a (potentially) outstanding squad with two of his best former players and he could really take us places. Realistically though I think we'll either stick with Sherwood or Hoddle for the season and get someone next year, bad idea in my opinion - transition after transition.

With regards to transfers, other than a left back and a striker, I would buy nobody and get the manager to show us how he can get the best out of these potentially world class players - hence why I'm so for De Boer.
I'm on board with anything that could help keep Jan at the club.

Keep sacking managers. It's bound to work eventually...

You say that, but Im coming around to the idea its the way to go!

Everyone wants someone long term, to build a legacy etc - but look at modern football - "long term" is in the board room, not at the coaching level. Its with the chief execs and dofs and above.

In football these days a manager gets 2 seasons he is doing bloody well. Why not accept and embrace it?

We get a manager in, when he hits a rough patch we get another... you never know - one day we might stumble onto the next big thing who can build a legacy. If we kiss enough frogs...

You say that, but Im coming around to the idea its the way to go!

Everyone wants someone long term, to build a legacy etc - but look at modern football - "long term" is in the board room, not at the coaching level. Its with the chief execs and dofs and above.

In football these days a manager gets 2 seasons he is doing bloody well. Why not accept and embrace it?

We get a manager in, when he hits a rough patch we get another... you never know - one day we might stumble onto the next big thing who can build a legacy. If we kiss enough frogs...

I think it's much more the case that if you stick with any promising manager long enough they'll come good, even if it costs you a season or two. The problem is keeping certain fans on side.

Sell Naughton and Gomes, with whatever money that is fly to Amsterdam and hand that amount in cash to Frank De Boer and say - come with me I have more where that come from

Back
Top Bottom