What generation Tottenham are you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First. Didn’t realise my Dad liked Man City until I was already fully committed and signed up as Spurs. FFS. I could have enjoyed multiple trophies, league titles and cups… but no.

And now my kids and other family members, in-laws home and abroad all support Spurs.

I’ll probably be sent to The Hague for spreading such misery and suffering.

:conteshock:

I am Danish and I was born 1961 (my bio here is 10 years off) and I had the good fortune to be able to watch the English First Division as it was then called on national Danish television every Saturday afternoon, beginning around 1970. Spurs became my favorite team for reasons unbeknownst to me - when you're 8-9 years old, choices are not very rational, but I think it had to do with the name Tottenham which sounds a little funny and is easy to remember. The heroes were Pat Jennings, Martin Peters and Martin Chivers.

I've been interested in Spurs since 1982.
Blame it on Glenn Hoddle!
Instead of finding a way out, I'm even more entangled because of you rabbit brains!

Many thanks for that!
tottenham hotspur GIF

My dad started supporting the club from the early 40s, I have supported them all my life, but from watchable POV early 70s.
Couple of the kids support spurs as does my oldest Grandson.
The club are probably not worried about the likes of us attending, they only really want tourists and premium members to fill the coffers🙂

Grandad - WestHam

Dad - England..... No domestic team (although I've slowly managed to convert him to Spurs over the last 20 years or so when we used to go to games together

Me - Fan since early 80s / First match 1990

Last edited:
My dad was a Spurs fan. Born and bred in Cheshire so he was surrounded by United, Liverpool (not so much in the early 60’s) & wait for it, Stoke City fans.
He was a decent player and played for Cheshire schools.
He passed on the incurable bug to me when I started taking an interest in football during the 1974 World Cup. I’d never seen such marvel as that.
My son is Spurs through and through and he has managed to drag his fiancé along to a match when we played Preston this season - she really enjoyed it.
Don’t have any grandchildren of my own and his fiancés 6 year old daughter is more into writing and drawing at the moment.
Stepson- Spurs.
Stepdaughter- Spurs.
Er indoors- Forest if asked. Not much interest will watch England and loves Harry Kane.
Daughter has little interest in football but will watch when England are playing. Her partner is a Bolton fan.
I’m sure if I’m ever lucky enough to have grandchildren of my own that I will manage to drag them into the abyss with me like the others I have afflicted.

Last edited:
Irish spurs fan. As a seven yo started following spurs in 87.should have known at that age what disapointment i was in for.
Older brothers were utd and dippers. I Wanted to be different ha
Very similar made my own choice in 94 everyone was united or Liverpool and they were wankers so I went with klinsmann sheringham Barmby fox and the beautiful lilywhite shirt

First. Came as a tourist/day tripper for the league cup against Blackpool (2007) and left as a supporter.

Whatever your avenue of entry, that first game cuts deep, eh?

I'd already watched England multiple times before I'd been to the Lane, but I was massively overwhelmed by the tribal energy and mayhem of moshing around, STANDING in Park Lane on my first visit(*)....

The difference was like soft rock vs heavy metal and from that moment I knew I wanted to be a head-banger! LOL

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'm 4th generation. My family, on my Dad's side, hark from Tottenham going back to before the first WW. Didn't know my Grandad because he fucked off when my Dad was a baby, but I do know he was Spurs. It's not a stretch to believe my Great Grandfather was Spurs too.
My 2 brothers are Yids, my Irish Mum became a Yid by default. My Sister isn't into Football at all, but her old man is a gooner, so she "claims" West Ham.
My 2 kids aren't into footy either, but they follow Spurs because they love their old man.

I get the feeling that's a VERY common story in Ireland.
hundred percent.

Most here are glory following plastics. United if like me you were born between 1980-1999 or Liverpool if you're older just following the glory.

They can support who they like and they're some decent ones of course but they don't understand their supporter journey is different to mine, winning a trophy means less than it would to us!

What's also sad (and tbh quite common) is when people use the club they support to show ugly personality traits like arrogance or rudeness people who sacrafise morals and defend the indefensible for a club they just fucking chose but wave their dicks around like that makes them better than you

it's a mad world man.

First. Came as a tourist/day tripper for the league cup against Blackpool (2007) and left as a supporter.
that's interesting mate, were you always gonna go to a Spurs game or was it just pure luck that fixture suited etc?

As in could we have easily lost you to Arse/Chelsea etc?

hundred percent.

Most here are glory following plastics. United if like me you were born between 1980-1999 or Liverpool if you're older just following the glory.

They can support who they like and they're some decent ones of course but they don't understand their supporter journey is different to mine, winning a trophy means less than it would to us!

What's also sad (and tbh quite common) is when people use the club they support to show ugly personality traits like arrogance or rudeness people who sacrafise morals and defend the indefensible for a club they just fucking chose but wave their dicks around like that makes them better than you

it's a mad world man.

When you dig far back enough isn't there also some form of religous and/or immigration relationship between Ireland & Liverpool?

When you dig far back enough isn't there also some form of religous and/or immigration relationship between Ireland & Liverpool?
They seem to think so but to be honest I hate the idea that they think we're "connected" because fucking hate Liverpool so much (the club) no beef with Everton.

There's splatters of Leeds in the older generations due to Johnny Giles playing for them, similarly the scum when Liam Brady went over and then some of my generation supported Villa as in the early 90 Townsend, Staunton, Paul McGrath and Ray Houghton all played for them, so I kinda get that.

Good club Villa.

I'd say if I wasn't Spurs I'd likely be Villa or Everton.

First.

My Dad, ManU, took me to a few games at Leicester our nearest club in the 60s when we were playing and I remember seeing us win 1-0 with a John White goal!

I started work in 1970 and rarely missed a game for about 20 years so seen the highs and lows!

Never felt so low now though as I can’t see Enic going so I can’t see us having any ambition!

They seem to think so but to be honest I hate the idea that they think we're "connected" because fucking hate Liverpool so much (the club) no beef with Everton.

I meant Liverpool the place rather than the club.

My dad when he was 3 was brought along by his grandma (my great grandma) to see the trophy parade in 1961.

I was born in spitting distance of WHL, and my entire family on both my Mum and Dad’s sides all support Spurs, apart from 1 uncle who supports the Gooners, but we won’t talk about that 😂
I see your uncle and I raise you my gooner mum.

(Why does that sentence sound so wrong in many different ways?)

Back
Top Bottom