Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup- 31.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They probably will tonight against us

They certainly didn't in the league though. They were garbage, like they've mostly been all season.

Only issue with us in this particular cup over the years is that the players never seem to 100% care when playing in it. A bit like when we play in the Europa League as if the managers thoughts on those particular cups rub off on the players.

I think we'll see a relatively strong team tonight by our usual League Cup standards and even our second team is better than West Hams first but if Tottenham can't get up for a cup game against a London rival with a chance to knock them out of it, then I don't know what's going on.

First off it's a disgrace that we're playing a cup game 48 hours after one of the most draining games of the season.

Disgrace to who?

It's our fault. There's no other time for us to have played it. Could perhaps have done it tomorrow but both us and West Ham play on Saturday, so that would have been even worse.

Plus, we can't just keep fucking up the fixture list for everyone else.

It feels like we’re Everywhere at the minute, every F365 article, every radio topic is about us, it’s so draining to be honest. Was listening to TalkSPORT last night (I know) and then Goldstein was like ‘right hour number 2 is gonna be about Tottenham’ I was actually like ‘FFS, just stop talking about us cause we’ll get slagged off. It’d a Show by a united fan and Chelsea fan..

They probably will tonight against us
I do agree with this point. As proved before, them lot love a cup derby against us and they wont give up till the final whistle. You can bet that Mark No-Bell will be riling up his cronies for this one.

Its hard to put out the same squad as monday night obviously because of fitness issues. I just ask for the boys to give 100 percent and not make any more silly mistakes like we have recently. But we need to be ready for this one.

COYS

It feels like we’re Everywhere at the minute, every F365 article, every radio topic is about us, it’s so draining to be honest. Was listening to TalkSPORT last night (I know) and then Goldstein was like ‘right hour number 2 is gonna be about Tottenham’ I was actually like ‘FFS, just stop talking about us cause we’ll get slagged off. It’d a Show by a united fan and Chelsea fan..

I avoid all of that shit now. It is actually liberating.

Try it, you'll like it.

Why do it to yourself?

They will be bang up for it

Will we?

If history tells us anything in these second rate cups, usually not.

I would say that's more down to Pochettino than the players that will be involved tonight though - I hope he goes all out though (I know it's tough with three games in five days), but it's a London derby against a club that knocked us out of this competition at the same stage last season with a chance to get to a quarter finals of a cup early on. It really shouldn't be that hard to get a team up for this.

This along with the "whats going on with your stadium then, what a shambles!?" and "I've heard its not gonna be ready till next century" comments from every acquaintance / distant relative / work colleague / passing tradesman.

Its starting to grate a bit. But we can find comfort in the words of Oscar Wilde....... yeah Spurs are getting pelters from all sides at the minute but imagine being a fucking Huddersfield fan or worse - Notts County or some other League 2 absolute dross like that.

2cm of print a week if you're lucky and staying up till 2am for 30 seconds of highlights on CH5.

Also, not sure how it is for you guys in the UK or elsewhere, but some of our betting companies in Australia allow you to stream the games through their app? May not even need to bet or anything, perhaps make an account to see if you can stream it? A company here called BetEasy are offering free streams on their app or website. I remember Bet365 have done similar in the past too. Just an idea to check :)

They certainly didn't in the league though. They were garbage, like they've mostly been all season.

Only issue with us in this particular cup over the years is that the players never seem to 100% care when playing in it. A bit like when we play in the Europa League as if the managers thoughts on those particular cups rub off on the players.

I think we'll see a relatively strong team tonight by our usual League Cup standards and even our second team is better than West Hams first but if Tottenham can't get up for a cup game against a London rival with a chance to knock them out of it, then I don't know what's going on.
You say that our second team is better yet let me draw your attention to the same fixture last year In the same competition we were 2-0 up at HT and then..........

You say that our second team is better yet let me draw your attention to the same fixture last year In the same competition we were 2-0 up at HT and then..........

Game's played on grass not on paper (Where our team is better than thirs). Like I said, our performances echo the managers thoughts on this trophy.

If history tells us anything in these second rate cups, usually not.

I would say that's more down to Pochettino than the players that will be involved tonight though - I hope he goes all out though (I know it's tough with three games in five days), but it's a London derby against a club that knocked us out of this competition at the same stage last season with a chance to get to a quarter finals of a cup early on. It really shouldn't be that hard to get a team up for this.
Bang on this is probably the only competition that we stand a chance of possibly winning there is fuck all chance of anything else, can't win CL or EPL, we have a phobia of FA cup semi-finals so we might as well go for it.

Back
Top Bottom