Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup- 31.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-------------------------------------------------Gazzaniga----------------------------------------------------------
-------------Aurier-------------Sanchez----------------------Foyth----------------WalkerPeters----------
--------------------------------------Winks--------------------Wanyama----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------Eriksen-----------------------------------------------------
---------------------Sissoko---------------------------------------------------Son------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------Llorente-----------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------Gazzaniga----------------------------------------------------------
-------------Aurier-------------Sanchez----------------------Foyth----------------WalkerPeters----------
--------------------------------------Winks--------------------Wanyama----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------Eriksen-----------------------------------------------------
---------------------Sissoko---------------------------------------------------Son------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------Llorente-----------------------------------------------------------
Not bad, I think that Vorm will start, but I'd be happy with Gazza

Was worried, with this game being 2 days after City, that we'd have to rotate pretty much everyone but after Dele, Eriksen and Winks were only given no more than 15 minutes, I could see all 3 of them starting and all getting about 60 odd minutes to keep their fitness up ready for the Wolves game 3 days later.

I'd go with:

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Alderweireld - Foyth - KWP
Winks - Wanyama - Dele
Eriksen - Llorente - Son
That is a pretty damn strong team to field and I think it should be MORE than enough to beat West Ham, who will no doubt go all out for this one. Not only will it be their cup final but it's an opportunity for them to knock us out of an actual cup too.

Don't see why West Ham wouldn't go strong for this one. They are probably not going to be in a relegation battle and they aren't good enough to fight for a European spot so I can see the putting out their available best.

Won't be easy but a win would do us wonders I think. That Man City performance should give this team so much confidence. Also a great opportunity for both KWP and Aurier to stake their claim in my opinion, especially Aurier who seemed to be hitting form before his injury. Will be great to see Foyth too.

Also very likely we'll see Oliver Skipp make an appearance too. He was left out of the U23 game yesterday so will be great to see him make his first team debut

1494294519973.gif

Wouldnt be fair if Toby or Sanchez play, they better rest but from what we have to choose? Vertonghen injured and Foyth only one left. Think Lucas, Kane and one of CB's and FB's gets a rest. So:

-----------------------Vorm----------------------
----Aurier---Sanchez---Foyth---KWP----
-------------Wanyama---Winks-------------
----Alli-----------Eriksen----------Son------
---------------------Llorente--------------------

Subs: Gazzaniga, Dier, Skipp, Davies, Lamela, Sissoko, Dembele.

Looks pretty decent and Skipp for the debut.

Are we gonna do this or not?

[formation=433, Gazza, Aurier, Toby, foyth, Rose, Eriksen, Wanyama, Winks, Dele, Llorente, Son][/formation]

Decently strong lineup in my opinion. Keep Lamela, Kane and Lucas on the bench if needed and try to give guys like Skipp a go from the bench. Maybe start KWP is Rose is not fit to start

Winks, Alli, Eriksen and Son all to come in. Need to get that winning feeling back ASAP. About time we took this comp seriously and get some well earned silverware for our progress, the players owe it to Poch and us fans. COYS!

Wet Spam 3 pts clear of relegation spot
5 pts from the team above, Leicester
8 pts from 10 matches
that's about 30 pts full season
next PL game v Burnley, on 8 pts too
long term injuries to key players (that doesn't include Wheelchair of course)

If they don't rotate their XI they're insane. Arnautovic gets a hammy or somesuch, they could be in deep deep shit

8 pts from 10 matches

If they don't rotate their XI they're insane. Arnautovic gets a hammy or somesuch, they could be in deep deep shit
Isn't Arnautovic already injured?

Isn't Arnautovic already injured?
"unwell" I think.

It's a shame he isnt the same player that he was with Sparky as "manager".

If Maureen's still in charge come the Jan window I wonder if he'd try to get him. He looked feckin dangerous in our game. Could have had a hat trick. Would surely score more than Lukaku.

8 pts from 10 matches

I'm not too sure to be honest. I don't think they have chance of relegation at all. There are definitely 4 teams worse than them this season. This is an opportunity for them to go strong, knock out a London rival from a cup and get back to winning ways.

I'd be amazed if they didn't go full strength barring injuries and suspensions.

Back
Top Bottom