West Ham United VS Tottenham Hotspur - Wednesday 31th August, London Stadium 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sonny’s coming good in this one. Big pitch. 25km from the fans. Mug off those racist mockney eel munchers. Down with the Leicester!

They'll be buzzing off the back of finally doing what decent football clubs do and actually winning a game of football, only took them 4 games. Actually scoring a goal too for the first time this season, well done little Hammerers.

They'll raise their game for their biggest game of the season as usual which means I doubt they'll sit back against us, though I am not sure they'd even be capable of doing that successfully. I think their line up for this one could be rather predictable and likely to be:

Fabianski
Coufal....Zouma.....Kehrer.....Emerson
Soucek......Rice
Bowen......Fornals.....Benrahma
Antonio
Well, I'd be surprised if it wasn't that. They've started Scammacca up top instead of Antonio last game but you just know they'll bring Antonio back in for this one. He loves a game against us. Bowen is hideously out of form so they may bring in Cornet for him but I think he'll get the nod.

Team is fairly beatable tbh but as mentioned, they'll raise that game. Coufal and Emerson are both nasty pricks at full back. Richarlison starting would be smart as he'd give it straight back to them in a controlled Romero type manner as opposed to say Son, who can be a bit of petulant child when targeted.

They may even go 3 at the back and try match us. But I think that'd be a mistake. We'd get a lot of space in between the lines. We tend to do quite well against teams that play 3 at the back just because of how good our front three tend to be. For us, I'd go with:

Lloris
Sanchez*...Dier....Davies
Royal.......Hojbjerg.......Bissouma......Perisic
Kulusevski.......Kane......Richarlison
Is what I'd go for. Though I wouldnt be surprised if Sessegnon came in and we saw Son start ahead of Richarlison. Wouldn't particularly have any issues with that however. Son is of course due a goal and he loves a goal against West Ham. Romero in for Sanchez if he's fit.

I think we'll scrape this 0-1 or 1-2.

Last edited:
Title winning marker to be slapped on the London Stadium this week.

Levy walking into the post game boardroom drink up……
conor-mcgregor-ufc.gif

I think this will be one of the first times we actually get insight into how Conte will utilize the squad this season.

Conte seems to love/trust/believe in his first XI more than most managers. We have rarely rotated our starting XI under him since he found his preferred XI back in February. It seems he always comes back to, and relies on, using the tools he has available to win the very next match, vs. having to worry about the load management of the squad as a whole.

To me it would be a very important sign to see a couple of changes...

-Sess in for Perisic (I think this makes sense anyway as Sess is more defensive minded)
-Bissouma in
-Richy in

I would hesitate to make more than 3 changes though, to a a team that is on a nice run of results. I think ideally you rotate ~3 this time, and then ~3 different ones next match.

They'll be buzzing off the back of finally doing what decent football clubs do and actually winning a game of football, only took them 4 games. Actually scoring a goal too for the first time this season, well done little Hammerers.

They'll raise their game for their biggest game of the season as usual which means I doubt they'll sit back against us, though I am not sure they'd even be capable of doing that successfully. I think their line up for this one could be rather predictable and likely to be:

Fabianski
Coufal....Zouma.....Kehrer.....Emerson
Soucek......Rice
Bowen......Fornals.....Benrahma
Antonio
Well, I'd be surprised if it wasn't that. They've started Scammacca up top instead of Antonio last game but you just know they'll bring Antonio back in for this one. He loves a game against us. Bowen is hideously out of form so they may bring in Cornet for him but I think he'll get the nod.

Team is fairly beatable tbh but as mentioned, they'll raise that game. Coufal and Emerson are both nasty pricks at full back. Richarlison starting would be smart as he'd give it straight back to them in a controlled Romero type manner as opposed to say Son, who can be a bit of petulant child when targeted.

They may even go 3 at the back and try match us. But I think that'd be a mistake. We'd get a lot of space in between the lines. We tend to do quite well against teams that play 3 at the back just because of how good our front three tend to be. For us, I'd go with:

Lloris
Sanchez*...Dier....Davies
Romero.......Hojbjerg.......Bissouma......Perisic
Kulusevski.......Kane......Richarlison
Is what I'd go for. Though I wouldnt be surprised if Sessegnon came in and we saw Son start ahead of Richarlison. Wouldn't particularly have any issues with that however. Son is of course due a goal and he loves a goal against West Ham. Romero in for Sanchez if he's fit.

I think we'll scrape this 0-1 or 1-2.
Romero RWB?

No reason to take this lot lightly.

Yes, we are bigger. But these guys love to play against us. We need to step it up here otherwise they may scrape a result yet again.

FUCK 'EM

Back
Top Bottom