West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway, onto the game, I don't think Spurs have it in them, to underestimate West Brom. We know how hard it is to play Pulis' teams. I really think we need to go gung ho at them and get an early goal. The longer it takes to get that first goal, the more upbeat they will be. We had our struggles with Rondon last season and with a highly motivated Chadli on the pitch as well, they are capable to score against us.

This break is taking far too long. Bloody hard to think it's 6 whole days away..
:dier:

Use of the comma really threw me at first.

True I didn't mean to riducule them, one can also be a dentist and a great football coach, and maybe that's what the problem is with England that it's taken for granted against the so called smaller teams, and I can't see things changing any time soon TBH which is a shame as on paper we have amazing English talent (dier, dele, rose, walker, Kane) but with the possible appointment of Mr Woolich seeming more likely, I think we as English football fans just need to lower our expectations and qualifying for the World Cup and Euros in future should be classed as a successful tournament!

Anyway, onto the game, I don't think Spurs have it in them to underestimate West Brom. We know how hard it is to play Pulis' teams. I really think we need to go gung ho at them and get an early goal. The longer it takes to get that first goal, the more upbeat they will be. We had our struggles with Rondon last season and with a highly motivated Chadli on the pitch as well, they are capable to score against us.

This break is taking far too long. Bloody hard to think it's 6 whole days away..
:dier:

Early goal is vital, as the longer it stays 0-0 they will just be happy to sit back and play for a draw, as a point for them will be seen as a successful game against us!
I am predicting Jansen getting a goal and hopefully this will shut up all the doubters and the media!

I suppose we can't really start speculating formations and who plays/doesn't play until everyone arrives back (fit & healthy) after the Internationals...

Lamela plays on Wednesday so I imagine he probably won't start. Rested for Leverkusen.

It's great that I read this and thought "and?"

We have such great squad depth this season, any number of players could step in and perform in his absence. I've even given up on picking a starting eleven now.

True I didn't mean to riducule them, one can also be a dentist and a great football coach, and maybe that's what the problem is with England that it's taken for granted against the so called smaller teams, and I can't see things changing any time soon TBH which is a shame as on paper we have amazing English talent (dier, dele, rose, walker, Kane) but with the possible appointment of Mr Woolich seeming more likely, I think we as English football fans just need to lower our expectations and qualifying for the World Cup and Euros in future should be classed as a successful tournament!

I agree, the man's occupation is irrelevant. He got his team to believe that they could win. He drilled this into them first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Told them "Don't let England denture defence, make your passes incisorive, and watch Kane 9 shirt."
This was an amalgam of many weeks work, filling them with confidence. From the off their was only one occlusion.

And I think that that deserves a round of applause.

I'd kinda forgotten that the international break will have an affect on who plays - guys like Lamela and Son travel long distances. Could well be rested, and with massive gave around the corner against Leverkusen we have to manage the squad carefully!
Son is now in Iran, think he is not far away from England, isnt it? Around 6hours trip sitting in business class would be comfortable.

Early goal is vital, as the longer it stays 0-0 they will just be happy to sit back and play for a draw, as a point for them will be seen as a successful game against us!
I am predicting Jansen getting a goal and hopefully this will shut up all the doubters and the media!
If we get an early goal West Brom are in a world of pain.

398024cb5e21d749d728926a28b19d00.jpg

The international break sucks big time, i know England are playing tonight but this just doesn't excite me at all any more, granted we will have some of our lads in action tonight but it just ain't the same..... still at least after tonight the international break will be finished, until the next time :(

The international break sucks big time, i know England are playing tonight but this just doesn't excite me at all any more, granted we will have some of our lads in action tonight but it just ain't the same..... still at least after tonight the international break will be finished, until the next time :(
It's marginally better than the close season.

Back
Top Bottom