West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exact team that beat City. Janssen is great at hold up, but their back line has no pace.. with Sonny up top and the 3 behind we could expose that.

Exact team that beat City. Janssen is great at hold up, but their back line has no pace.. with Sonny up top and the 3 behind we could expose that.

Wouldn't imagine that they will defend much further than the edge of their penalty box, so pace is fairly redundant. Will sit and soak and hit long balls, aka the Pulis way.

This is becoming a long wait. Whats the point of WCQs. There are so many lesser teams, England will win all thier games?

They may as well just play the quarterfinals of the entire tournament, it'll be the same mob with England flattering to deceive

Does anyone need tickets I've got 3 for west brom all face value can't go!! 07775805714
giphy.gif

Wouldn't imagine that they will defend much further than the edge of their penalty box, so pace is fairly redundant. Will sit and soak and hit long balls, aka the Pulis way.

You're right. After looking at the WBA line up after the last few games we need a player who will hold the ball up and give their defenders a hard time.

Janssen looked good the other night for Holland, I think he just needs to be encouraged to shoot more, even if from distance. His left foot is wand, he's scored some brilliant goals. Get Son, Eriksen and Lamela off him.

You're right. After looking at the WBA line up after the last few games we need a player who will hold the ball up and give their defenders a hard time.

Janssen looked good the other night for Holland, I think he just needs to be encouraged to shoot more, even if from distance. His left foot is wand, he's scored some brilliant goals. Get Son, Eriksen and Lamela off him.
He needs to be given the ball more. They need to find him more often ,rather than just let him win it and create his own efforts. He is really good in finding the space on top of all the other great things he's capable of doing.

??
Home TeamEngland/Away TeamMalta
Possession
Home80%
Away20%
Shots
Home20
Away1
Shots on Target
Home10
Away1
Corners
Home8
Away1

It's very easy to quote this after the game has finished, would you have been so confident to bet a months wage on the outcome?
The point I'm making is the England team should have wiped the floor with Iceland as well, but we all know how that ended up.
Also a 2-0 result against a team ranked 157 by FIFA (England 11) This is like a team from the premiership playing someone in the national league south...
Looking at there last results they lost 6-0 to Czech Republic.. and Scotland beat them 1-5....
2-0 is a pretty poor result if you ask me.

It's very easy to quote this after the game has finished, would you have been so confident to bet a months wage on the outcome?
The point I'm making is the England team should have wiped the floor with Iceland as well, but we all know how that ended up.
Also a 2-0 result against a team ranked 157 by FIFA (England 11) This is like a team from the premiership playing someone in the national league south...
Looking at there last results they lost 6-0 to Czech Republic.. and Scotland beat them 1-5....
2-0 is a pretty poor result if you ask me.

You can't compare Iceland and Malta. Iceland has had quite a few good results the las few years, they have a core with players playing at a decent level. They have the best generation of footballers they have had in their whole football history. Malta, let's see. No, none of the above.

You can't compare Iceland and Malta. Iceland has had quite a few good results the las few years, they have a core with players playing at a decent level. They have the best generation of footballers they have had in their whole football history. Malta, let's see. No, none of the above.

if you read my original comment it was pointing out that with England you can't take anything for granted after the humilitation to Iceland, I find it funny that you are making excuses for the display against them? They may have the best generation of players but how many of them could compete in the EPL on a regular basis?also their manager is a dentist, not that I have anything against dentists.....
And last night was hardly a promising victory for England, and if it wasn't for dele, rose and walker etc I wouldn't even bother watching them.

if you read my original comment it was pointing out that with England you can't take anything for granted after the humilitation to Iceland, I find it funny that you are making excuses for the display against them? They may have the best generation of players but how many of them could compete in the EPL on a regular basis?also their manager is a dentist, not that I have anything against dentists.....
And last night was hardly a promising victory for England, and if it wasn't for dele, rose and walker etc I wouldn't even bother watching them.

Making excuses? Last I checked I wasn't English and the English National Team doesn't really strike a chord in me.
Iceland wouldn't compete with England on a regular basis. It was one game, and in a one-off game when all went for them they knew they could beat an England that understimated the Icelandic team criminally. Woy didn't even bother scouting their last game before the England game.

Regarding that you can't take anything for granted, yes, I do agree. And they did, as they often do..

England was beaten by themselves as usual.
It's not helpful to ridicule the opponent, "their manager is a dentist". It's a thing I see a lot, not sure how intentional. Well, he is also a coach that, although had different amount of success found a way to win football games over a certain amount of time, building a team. That kind of arrogance is very evident, and it's seen among the English football press and the football authoritees. This belief that it's an English god given right to win football games - makes the opponents wanting to beat them more than any other top team. The England team hasn't showed a but since Hoddle, still they get talked up again and again. And fails. They will continue to do so until they actually make a proper appointment.

Last edited:
Anyway, onto the game, I don't think Spurs have it in them to underestimate West Brom. We know how hard it is to play Pulis' teams. I really think we need to go gung ho at them and get an early goal. The longer it takes to get that first goal, the more upbeat they will be. We had our struggles with Rondon last season and with a highly motivated Chadli on the pitch as well, they are capable to score against us.

This break is taking far too long. Bloody hard to think it's 6 whole days away..
:dier:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom