West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bince's hold up play means he's got to start this one for me. Sonny in the three. Not sure who to drop of Eriksen, Lamela, and Dele though, unless we go with a Wanyama / Dele CM pairing again. I'd save Dembele for the bench if fit, we'll need him more for Leverkusen.

--------------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker---Alderweireld---Vertonghen---Rose
---------------Wanyama---Dembele--------------
Lamela---------------Eriksen-----------------Son
------------------------Jannsen----------------------

Really not getting the point of Wanyama and Dembele for these sort of games.

Always going to play 2x DM's because our full backs are practically wingers.

Lamela definitely in with Eriksen & Alli for this one. Son off the bench if needed but save him for Leverkusen. Arm around the shoulder "we need you for the champs league" job from Poch to fire him up.

Totally agree. Son is on fire but there's a place for him in the side anyway. I'd put Vinny up front to give their defenders a hard time physically-soften them up. While they are trying to wrestle with him, it gives us space to work which teams don't get much of against a Pulis team

Vinny_Samways.jpg

Better for us- WBA are hitting a little form, getting draws (beat WHU ha ha). At least we know what we are up against. They will play on the ropes and try for the sucker punch. We need to beat them up and knock them out. We dont want to be thier punch bag.

I think Lamela should be taken off for this game. Instead i'll put in Sis or Georges.
I didn't know Lamela had a sister... is she any good?
If she's half as good looking as her brother, she'll do alright!

BTW.... Chadli is probably gonna score... we've just gotta make sure we score more, and Dele keeps his fists behind his back...
We don't need all THAT nonsense again!!

Absolute gut-punch when I realised it was an international break this week (about 2 mins after the final whistle on Sunday when I checked the fixture list).

It's wonderful that it now feels like an eternity between Spurs matches because we can't wait to see the team play again.

And here I was, scared that we'd be licking our wounds after the City match.
:allitongue:

Everyone has Janssen in their starting X1 even after the city game? He's starting to become a charity case where people are just willing and praying he scores despite it not making any sense at all for him to start. Anyway...

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Son

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Dier, Lamela, N'Kodou, Janssen

Everyone has Janssen in their starting X1 even after the city game? He's starting to become a charity case where people are just willing and praying he scores despite it not making any sense at all for him to start. Anyway...

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Son

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Dier, Lamela, N'Kodou, Janssen
I'd swap Victor to bench and start with Dier. We will have no shortage of possession (WBA beat Spam 4-2 and hardly touched the ball apart from the 4 goals), so we won't need Victor to win it back for us. We will need Dier's passing to pressurise them further up the pitch.

Maybe Vincent for Sissoko too.

i hate Pullisball :dembelefingers::dier::avbshock:
Apart from Woolwich I think I hate a Pulis coached team above all others.

What does West Brom offer to the league?
Do they promote youth that'll one day play for the national team....
Do they go on a cup run....
Do they 'seriously' get involved in a relegation battle (under Pulis)...
Do they challenge for top half or European places....
Do they play attractive, attacking football with flair....

But the annoying part is these shits seem to get points against us of late.

No to all answers. Why the fuck do their fans go watch them. Just a nothing club.
Hope they get relegated before Sunderland.

Absolute gut-punch when I realised it was an international break this week (about 2 mins after the final whistle on Sunday when I checked the fixture list).

It's wonderful that it now feels like an eternity between Spurs matches because we can't wait to see the team play again.

And here I was, scared that we'd be licking our wounds after the City match.
A blessing in disguise...
Gives Dembele an extra week to get match fit!

Back
Top Bottom