West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Competition : Premier League
Date : Saturday 15th October
Time : 3pm
Venue : The Hawthorns
Going or Not : Going

My line-up :
Lloris - Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose - Wanyama - Dembele - Eriksen - Dele - Son - Janssen.

Score prediction : 2 - 0 win (Janssen & Eriksen).

:coys:

Last edited:
Lloris
Walker-Toby-Jan-Rose
Wanyama-Eriksen
Son-Dele-Lamela
Janseen

No need for 2 dm's, I think Eriksen would give us more in attack than Dembele

We need to show that playing high intensity non-stop football means just as much against a side like West Brom as it does against the team at the top. Batter the fuck out of these guys.

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama
Dembele - Alli - Eriksen
Son - Janssen
1-2
Son
Janssen

We need to show that playing high intensity non-stop football means just as much against a side like West Brom

There's a massive difference.

You can close down City because you know they'll play from the back and try to pass it out.

You can't always close down lesser opposition as they will be happy to play direct - kick and rush. If you rush someone with no passing angle (Legit has no intention of giving the ball to anyone, just hoofing it) then you leave yourself open to attack.

You can't play a game with that intensity often, anyway. Simply not humanly possible or tactically sensible. Some teams, such as Woolwich, will pass through that press and damage us. Others, like Chelsea and Leicester, will simply sit deep and carry the ball rather than pass it out.

I think Lamela should be taken off for this game. Instead i'll put in Sis or Georges.

You kidding me? This is exactly the game Lamela likes.

He has 2 goals and 6 assists in 10 games. Carry that on for a season and you've got 8-10 goals and 24-30 assists, which is player of the year form.

Lamela is doing fine and playing well. A missed penalty doesn't change that. No one in our team has vision and through balls like him.

He has 2 goals and 6 assists in 10 games. Carry that on for a season and you've got 8-10 goals and 24-30 assists, which is player of the year form.

Lamela is doing fine and playing well. A missed penalty doesn't change that. No one in our team has vision and through balls like him.

I'm not saying he should not play because of the pen. But Georges and Sis shows sign of promise and they need more time in the first team games. Its not a game against a top opposition (of course, if it was against the goons or loserpool, i would start Lamela). I would take out Eriksen or Lamela but it seems Eriksen really links up well with Son and Alli.

Our first of 4 away games too. Two of them being cup games with this and Bournemouth in between.

Wouldn't surprise me if Poch does have one eye on Leverkusen. We have the squad to deal with it so will be interesting. Wonder if one of Davies or Trippier will come in. Get it wide to Trippier and whip it into Janssen.

Also our team leader in created chances (joint with Chris) and that's without starting all games. People refuse to accept that he's a very important player for us.

--------------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker---Alderweireld---Vertonghen---Rose
---------------Wanyama---Dembele--------------
Lamela---------------Eriksen-----------------Son
------------------------Jannsen----------------------

Think Janssen will be suited to this game, Pulis will park the bus and we could use a guy who can hold the ball up in the area and lay it off, won't be much room to play in as they will all sit on the edge of the penalty box.

Oh fuck, this reminds me it's international break.

The forum is going into loony mode.

bbbe54d2.gif

Son did well up top against City. Not sure how it will work against a Tony Pulis park the bus side. Janssen as our striker for me.
Totally agree. Son is on fire but there's a place for him in the side anyway. I'd put Vinny up front to give their defenders a hard time physically-soften them up. While they are trying to wrestle with him, it gives us space to work which teams don't get much of against a Pulis team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom