West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Dier is fit after the international break I guess he could do with a game, unless he is now seen as a centre-back reserve rather than a midfielder. Dembele could also do with game time. That would mean Wanyama can rest and play v Leverkusen.

Isn't it absolutely mental to think we didn't beat them last season? mental. I've no idea who should stat but we should have the Tuesday in Germany in our minds, rotation essential

You kidding me? This is exactly the game Lamela likes.

He has 2 goals and 6 assists in 10 games. Carry that on for a season and you've got 8-10 goals and 24-30 assists, which is player of the year form.

Lamela is doing fine and playing well. A missed penalty doesn't change that. No one in our team has vision and through balls like him.
He didn't play well against city. He didn't let anyone down particularly but he gave the ball away on a couple of occasions that put them in the offensive and that comes off the back of another ordinary game. In a squad of high achievers he could well be rested.

He didn't play well against city. He didn't let anyone down particularly but he gave the ball away on a couple of occasions that put them in the offensive and that comes off the back of another ordinary game. In a squad of high achievers he could well be rested.

I think he had a decent game but because most players had excellent ones, he looked worse than he actually was.

That said, I think he could well be rested.

Make no mistake though, he is an important part of our squad.

I can't believe we're having to wait 2 weeks for the EPL to start up again. I got bored with the whole international/England thing years ago. The media/TV people big it up every time because that's all they got. Interesting article in Standard last night claiming that the top managers just aren't interested in moving into international football anymore, they see the CL as the ultimate challenge.

I'd kinda forgotten that the international break will have an affect on who plays - guys like Lamela and Son travel long distances. Could well be rested, and with massive gave around the corner against Leverkusen we have to manage the squad carefully!

My feelings are, we will win this. Both FB /M rotation. Dembele gets a game and Janssen back up front. Will have to deal with physical play, Wanyama should he let loose. WBA are finding a little form laterly, drawing games except a win v WHU.
Would be fucking annoying to slaughter Man City then drop points to wba

tbf they have a pretty good record against us recently don't they? I don't know, can't be bothered to check that out.:roseunsure:

The past is past. This team we have is much stronger and passionate team. I believe we will blow them out 4-0.

Old Spurs.

Not this team.

Agree... THAT was then... THIS IS NOW!

We're gonna be the ANTI-Anti Football pioneers!!!

It's high time we started putting teams in their place and shutting people up!

We are far better than last season-if just for the experience we have gained. The fall out from the Chavs games will hold us in good stead. Losing a winning positions against the Woolwich twice will not happen again. We will beat WBA. we will not allow them to bully us as they try to do every time we play them. Football will win through, we just need to show them a little muscle as well. COYS

Back
Top Bottom