West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Trippier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose
Wanyama-Alli
Sissoko-Eriksen-Son
Janssen

Trippier ahead of Walker for me due to him not having been away on international duty. I assume Dembele won't be fit enough to start for this. Lamela to start on the bench due to the long flight. I realise the same applies to Son, but he's our most in form player atm, can't afford to bench him. Janssen to start up top instead of Son, the parked bus that Pulis is likely going to employ will suit Janssen better than it does Son.
Agree on 90% of the line up and comments. I would however maybe let N'Koudou get the nod over Son as remember Son played for Leverkusen and would want the full 90 minutes against them. Even when he was playing for Leverkusen he scored 2 against his former team Hamburg back in the days and he seems to thrive given extra incentive. We really need to beat the Germans in Germany and although historically WBA have given us some tough games but on paper Leverkusen played in the Germany is more a difficult game. Son and Lamela to come on around 70 minutes should we trail or be tied. Otherwise give our big players some rest as really believe Janssen and likes of Sissoko and Eriksen could have a big game against the likes of WBA as they are no Barcelona.

Agree on 90% of the line up and comments. I would however maybe let N'Koudou get the nod over Son as remember Son played for Leverkusen and would want the full 90 minutes against them. Even when he was playing for Leverkusen he scored 2 against his former team Hamburg back in the days and he seems to thrive given extra incentive. We really need to beat the Germans in Germany and although historically WBA have given us some tough games but on paper Leverkusen played in the Germany is more a difficult game. Son and Lamela to come on around 70 minutes should we trail or be tied. Otherwise give our big players some rest as really believe Janssen and likes of Sissoko and Eriksen could have a big game against the likes of WBA as they are no Barcelona.

They are not Barcelona, but as you said, WBA have given us some tough games in the past, I wouldn't underestimate them. Especially now with Pulis in charge I really don't look forward to this fixture, could be a difficult one. I get your reasoning in regards to Son, just don't think we can afford it, especially not if N'Koudou is the replacement, we still need to win this match. I would still start him against Leverkussen as well. Son is in top-form, might as well make use of it while we can.

Looks like Dembele will miss this one, let's hope he is back ASAP!

From the evening standard-

Mousa Dembele's return to action has been delayed further (Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I)
Mousa Dembele has suffered a recurrence of a foot injury that is delaying his return to action with Tottenham .
The Belgian midfielder missed both his country's games in the international break after suffering the damage in training with Spurs prior to the 2-0 win over Manchester City earlier this month. His left foot was stamped on as he challenged for the ball, meaning Dembele now feels pain when he uses it.
Manager Mauricio Pochettino called the injury 'minor' but it is a worry for Tottenham that one of their most important players has made just two appearances this term.
Dembele missed the first four league games of the campaign due to suspension, before sustaining a hamstring injury in the 1-0 home win over Sunderland last month.
Read More
Alderweireld not relishing Chadli reunion at West Brom
'It is painful for him when he is in contact with the ball,' said Pochettino. 'It is an old problem and he is now recovering from it.'
Spurs will also be without Harry Kane, who has an ankle injury, for Saturday's match at West Brom, though Pochettino hopes he will resume training outdoors again at the start of next week.
The Argentine added: 'We don't know when he can play again, but we can only say he is doing well and we hope next week he will start to train on the grass. He is still not with the group but we are happy with the way he is recovering.'

Looks like Dembele will miss this one, let's hope he is back ASAP!

From the evening standard-

Mousa Dembele's return to action has been delayed further (Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I)
Mousa Dembele has suffered a recurrence of a foot injury that is delaying his return to action with Tottenham .
The Belgian midfielder missed both his country's games in the international break after suffering the damage in training with Spurs prior to the 2-0 win over Manchester City earlier this month. His left foot was stamped on as he challenged for the ball, meaning Dembele now feels pain when he uses it.
Manager Mauricio Pochettino called the injury 'minor' but it is a worry for Tottenham that one of their most important players has made just two appearances this term.
Dembele missed the first four league games of the campaign due to suspension, before sustaining a hamstring injury in the 1-0 home win over Sunderland last month.
Read More
Alderweireld not relishing Chadli reunion at West Brom
'It is painful for him when he is in contact with the ball,' said Pochettino. 'It is an old problem and he is now recovering from it.'
Spurs will also be without Harry Kane, who has an ankle injury, for Saturday's match at West Brom, though Pochettino hopes he will resume training outdoors again at the start of next week.
The Argentine added: 'We don't know when he can play again, but we can only say he is doing well and we hope next week he will start to train on the grass. He is still not with the group but we are happy with the way he is recovering.'

Okay which player stamped on Dembele's foot? Guessing slick Vic :wanyama: or the other Moussa?

I don't feel massively confident compared to other teams of this stature, WBA have a knack of getting points of us, plus the added Chadli factor as well. Surprise me 2016/17 Spurs and lets do these wannabe Brummie cunts.

I will be leaving the WBA cleaner a dollop of my shit on the seat. Fucking boring inbred cunts.

loSxjfE.gif

Manager Mauricio Pochettino called the injury 'minor' but it is a worry for Tottenham that one of their most important players has made just two appearances this term.'
That is a classic press scare tactic, I am not worried one fucking bit! He is the player I like to watch most but he has only played half a game so far and we are unbeaten in the League and 1 point of top, nah, I ain't bothered, very relaxed in fact. (Would clearly like him fit and available for selection).

Will be interesting to see who poch picks knowing full well that these anti football tossers will be happy to park the bus and settle for a point or at best hope for something magical from a set piece, I'm sure there will be a lot of other teams who take this approach against us this season so looking forward to see how we react, however saying that we are well overdue giving someone a complete and utter spanking, so fingers crossed we teach Tony pullis a leasing he won't forget easily!

Just show him West Ham's stadium agreement, he won't forget that.

Hope the International break hasn't affected our stride.
With so many of our squad on leave Pococino must despair our preparations are so short, but I believe we have too much for Pulis and his team COYS

Did everyone get home safe and sound? I haven't seen anything about new injuries on the official site.

From an interview with Poch on ESPN:

"We have a few issues from international duty too. We'll assess today and tomorrow, and make a decision on those players."

But he also went on to mention Kane is back in light training next week!

This is a fixture in which we've dropped points... in the past...
THIS IS THE TOTTENHAM OF THE FUTURE...

WE DON'T DROP POINTS!
:wanyama::llorishowudoin::vertna::roseunsure::pochserious2:

You can rest assured, that the Chadster will be taking some time out of his busy schedule of gnawing into fake-tanned, plastic tits of welsh club mingers, and actually score a goal against us.

Decent player too.

I think Alli will score and so will both Sonny and BFV(finally)

Back
Top Bottom