We can be HEROES Barca Spurs 11/12/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

e17408197968cb9a65a30a001ffa982c

tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

Sorry only managed to go back to page 88 so if any of you made some really good, insightful posts I apologise for missing them.
Went back to the hotel with a couple of bottles of smirnoff ice and a huge bag of crisps to celebrate. Totally exhausted but the best feeling in the world when the Inter result came through.
You can analyse a game to death, but statistics mean diddly squat in the end, the only thing that matters is how many times you get that ball over the line. And we did enough to get us into the knockout stages.
So proud of our team and our manager. You made my dream come true.

To any Inter fans on here, you have only yourselves to blame. We began this campaign by shooting ourselves in the foot, then we shot ourselves in the other foot, then we put our hand in a toaster. You responded by shooting yourselves in the head. Well done. Slow clap.

Pretty incredible, considering how unlikely this was after the first three games. An incredible night.

This has been the worst week of my life (probably to the day I die), and whilst I know it’s ultimately just a football match (I was almost on autopilot as I sobbed through the game), that goal, that ending, and that chanting from our fans in whatever their fucking stadium is called these days, was like a giant hug from the second biggest love of my life.

Thank you Spurs.

"Two years ago, at Camp Nou, the improbable happened, and I came out crying from the stadium. It was practically the end of my trajectory at the PSG. Today, on the same stage, it happened again the unlikely, but today I come out crying for joy... +"

From Pochettino's presser tonight...
"I also want to say that Daniel Levy should be so happy. I want to congratulate him. He's putting in a massive effort, trying to deliver and finish the stadium. Sometimes it's easy to get the praise, the coaching staff, the players and the fans but I think he, and all the board, deserve massive congratulations because they're putting in a massive effort, building what is for me one of the best stadiums in the world. I think I want to congratulate him and this achievement, he is a big part of it and he deserves massive recognition for that."

Every single one of them heroes tonight.

Fuck singling out anyone. Lloris. You're great. Walker-Peters? Fuck your mistake, you're excellent. Alderweireld and Vertonghen? I love you both. Rose? Back to your majestic self mate. Winks? Took it up a gear. Eriksen? Dele? Absolute legends, didn't stop working. Son? Still love you mate. Kane? Assist for days. Lucas? A hero. Llorente? Beautiful bastard. Sissoko? Puts in a fucking shift.

Poch? He's fucking magic.

You're all heroes tonight lads. Enjoy it. All of those in Barcelona. Fucking enjoy it. We're in the fucking hat !!!!

Back
Top Bottom