We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I sorta didn't want to post this, but fuck it, I'm going to anyway. 3 days before the City away match, my Dad got diagnosed with inoperable cancer. Understandably, I was distraught. I was in a very bad place. I was having some dark thoughts. Seeing as we've always bonded over football, we got together to watch it. I was thinking how awesome it would be if we went on to win this motherfucker. That night I realized that I don't have a Dad that's dying, I have a Dad who is very much alive. We bounced around the living room and we won in the last few minutes of a classic. One of my fondest memories, even though it was only a month ago. I decided I was gonna get to him for every big match so we could watch it and enjoy it together. At this point, he decided he was gonna postpone his chemotherapy until after a family trip to Menorca was over at the end of May. Obviously the home leg against Ajax didn't go as planned, which was a bit of a downer, but it wasn't the worst case scenario. Our get together today was still on. And holy shit, what a day it was. At half time, I was your typical melt, as you'd understand. My missus had the text messages to prove it. I was so depressed it was unbelievable. I'd hoped to have this glorious last football run with my Dad, and we'd fucked it. I decided to roll some spliffs. I'd given up and was watching the beginning of the second half on a stream on my phone in the garden, which wasn't the best and I was 2 minutes behind. Then I saw him run up to the window holdings up a single finger. Fuck yeah! Then he ran up holding up 2 fingers. What the fuck? I abandoned my smokes and ran inside. For the rest of the game, we were on the edge of our seats. We had all but given up and then.... A FUCKING LAST MINUTE WINNER! We both jumped up and sprinted around the entire downstairs area while Mum frantically tried to keep control. She failed miserably. Spurs gave me such a moment tonight and the date Dad put his chemotherapy off until? The day after we get home from holiday, which is the day of the Champions League Final. Come on Spurs, do it for me and the old man! I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get tickets to that motherfucker so we can stay in the Spanish region and witness it for ourselves in person. As unlikely as it may be, wish me luck people. It'd be priceless. :)

Bollocks. You just broke me you bastard!

Best wishes to your old man. #Yidfamily

Morning, is it a dream? I’m fucked, got to get up for work . Can’t wait to tell my 8 year old son., I put him to bed at half time, I lost all hope. Never stop believing with this manager and team👍🍺

For those who missed out on the players' livestreams and videos they took of the celebrations: absolute scenes!! :tobyarm: Love every one of you on here

Lamela towards the end of the livestream on Instagram Live: "Danny, stop drinking"

Rose: "Is it Instagram Live?"

Lamela: "No, no, is a picture"

LOL

Must go to bed now - long day tomorrow - oh happy day, oh happy day, when Lucas washed, when Lucas washed, he washed your tears away, oh happy day, oh happy day.
I recommend you all play this RIGHT NOW. It's so right...

It's going on repeat in my car until 1st June.

edit: OH HAPPY DAY! - I tell you, I'm fucking learning this one on the ukulele

Last edited:
I woke early this morning before the alarm went off and during the night I dreamt we hadn’t gone thro. So im lying there feeling melancholic & trying to replay in my mind how we lost before coming back to the beautiful realisation that it was only a dream and we had made it through!!

Hello Spurs fans. Sheffield United supporter here in peace. Very, very pleased for you. Thought you were gone at half time. How wrong was I!! Almost felt like a Spurs fan myself when the third one went in. Unbelievable night. Hope you win it. If I was a Londoner I would support Spurs! Proper club. Proper fans.
Love Brammall Lane as an away day. Good luck next year.

It's not really sunk in yet.
Felt we were not that bad first half, just that all our shots were straight at the keeper and any mistake we made was ruthlessly punished.
Couldn't stomach this thread, some of you are pretty bad over reactors.
The change in them 2nd half was amazing though, they fought for everything and won pretty much everything. Really Ajax couldn't cope, little bit like woolwich etc, they play some pretty stuff but don't like to be roughed up. Always felt if we could just get one goal, it might not only spur us on, but we would see what Ajax are really made of.
The commentary on the TNT stream was unreal tbh, 2 Englishmen but like Ajax fan TV, some of the most partisan load of crap I have ever heard. Not sure why everyone hates us so much, but it's great to piss them off by doing so well against the odds so often.
Tears of joy when Lucas tucked that away, what a magnificent signing he has been, he has so much desire, energy, and crazy skills.

How the hell our no new signings, injury ravaged played 2 years of constant away matches team has done this, it's nothing short of amazing. What a fucking team we have.

Back
Top Bottom