Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don't see a need to discuss him as a former Spurs player as long as he is still under contract with us. Once he is sold that is a completely different matter. As long as he is one of us he should have our support (and afterwards as well). To sit around and call him shit or make up derigatory nicknames for him is not what a supporter should be doing.

Vincent Janssen has done nothing to deserve the moniker of shit, but football punditry and support seems to exist in a black and white world where you are either fantastic or shit. No inbetween. This video sums it up perfectly.

To sit around and make up nicknames lik "nogoaldado" for Soldado (this is not a callout of you Dawson, it was just a perfect example) or sarcasticlally sing "he scores when he wants" for Vincent is not being a supporter, not of Tottenham or any club. It pisses me off that it is a thing and even more that it in some circles is encouraged.

Or maybe I'm just more of a humanist than other supporters.

Spot on!

I give you Lucas Perez of Woolwich, joined for exactly the same summer as Janssen, for the same fee. He scored one PL goal. Not a fucking peep from fans, from press. He's just gone out on loan too, hardly a mention (very well received back at his old club though).

Think we all agree a premiership loan would have been best for everyone as a decent run would show if he can make it – maybe there were no takers? Thing is we can't carry players, certainly not ones who's role is to score. Every opportunity if precious and I guess they feel Llorente is more likely to take them. I was wondering how they would give enough game time to the three of them.

Not sure what the long term plan is? Perhaps they still believe in him but feel he is too raw and needs more regular football. Shame really as I like what i've seen of his ethic and personality.

Never good enough for us - Stoke/West Brom was his level. Very bad scouting by the club to buy him. Hopefully he'll score a few in Turkey and we won't take too much of a loss. He'll end up at an average German team or back in Holland I think.

When Janssen sees Soldado at Fenerbahce.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I wanted a Spurs signing to come good instead of winning some point scoring on the Internet. Guess who's the twat
No you always try and point score on here which is why you've been slam dunked to sin bin status many times.

Anyway i think everybody wants a spurs player to do well once he puts the shirt on but if he proves to be terrible your natural reaction (or a normal persons natural reaction so not you) would be that you would rather he doesnt play because playing him would be counter productive.

Anyway our manager has spoken and he's gone.

Last edited:
No you always try and point score on here which is why you've been slam dunked to sin bin status many times.

Anyway i think everybody wants a spurs player to do well once he puts the shirt on but if he proves to be terrible your natural reaction (or a normal persons natural reaction so not you) would be that you would rather he doesnt play because playing him would be counter productive.

Anyway our managet has spoken and he's gone.
You were a hater even before he signed - go crow somewhere else - you've been found out on this one. Badly.

You were a hater even before he signed - go crow somewhere else - you've been found out on this one. Badly.
Define a hater? I said before he signed that i haven't seen him much but from what i've see he is NOT the type of striker we need and i think he will flop. I then said on a pre season match thread (forgot what game) that i thought he looked good and if he plays like that i think i will be proven wrong. Well he didn't play like that again and i wasn't proven wrong.

I'm not like the masses on here that continuously ridicule/abuse Sissoko and let Janssen off because he seems a nice lad. Both have been terrible signings.

Back
Top Bottom