Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another Great night for Spurs and another night I feel sad for Vinny , comes on looks lively does alright but is again completely overshadowed.

Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

That's what he was brought here to be.

He's showing signs of improvement. That's the important thing.

His touch isn't god awful and he's making quicker decisions and getting in dangerous areas.

Earlier in the season he couldn't control the ball and was running around like a headless chicken.

He'll have a bigger part to play next season

Not for me. I'll be very disappointed if we don't try and upgrade him next season. Cant be sentimental about it and I don't think Poch will be. Playing at Wembley we'll need to get better just to stay the same so to upgrade the players outside the main core group, i.e. the likes of Janssen, Sissoko and Lamela.

Personally I thought he did well, ran into space and gave good options for his teammates. His passing and control also seemed better. Just a shame (for him) that His team mates seemed to be happy to use the space he opened up

looked good tonight, some lovely passes and great runs. Shame he was offside as it was a great finish and another great effort just over. I liked what I saw

Not for me. I'll be very disappointed if we don't try and upgrade him next season. Cant be sentimental about it and I don't think Poch will be. Playing at Wembley we'll need to get better just to stay the same so to upgrade the players outside the main core group, i.e. the likes of Janssen, Sissoko and Lamela.
Tend to agree, I like him a lot off the bench in a game we are winning but don't quite think he's good enough for when Kane is out, and seemingly Poch agrees. I have to say though he has come on leaps and bounds since the start of the season, he couldn't trap a bloody ball back then. He just needs a bit more intelligence and composure in front of goal and he could be a viable back up.

I fully believe in him. He is still young and has plenty of potential. Let Poch work with him for a couple of seasons and he'll be yet another of our rising stars.

Dunno why but I absolutely love Vinny and would definitely she'd a tear for him if he left , think he hasn't really had the rub of the green thus far but could do well next season.
Son was average in his first season - look at him now. Fickle cunts wanted him gone in the summer

This instant gratification generation needs to fuck off - Vinny deserves another season no doubt

Yes - every player deserves another season (2 in total)
Ok well if you want Sissoko to stay as well i can't knock you for your stance on Janssen.

Personally i want us to upgrade on both of them. I think with 2 or 3 really quality additions (depending on whether or not we sell Walker) we can win the title and push on even more. We don't have the funds to just splash cash so the only way we are gonna do that is if we bring in revenue from player sales (so those 2 are expendable).

Ok well if you want Sissoko to stay as well i can't knock you for your stance on Janssen.

Personally i want us to upgrade on both of them. I think with 2 or 3 really quality additions (depending on whether or not we sell Walker) we can win the title and push on even more. We don't have the funds to just splash cash so the only way we are gonna do that is if we bring in revenue from player sales (so those 2 are expendable).
Or maybe you invest in training, improving and molding a player, just as Poch did with the likes of Son and Lamela.

I'd sell Sissoko because he was bought in to improve us straight away and he's been terrible for a player that isn't new to the PL , I'd keep Janssen because he was bought in as a raw understudy to develop & unless we starting giving out 100k p/w contracts to benchwarmers or go deep in the champions league every year , both are synonymous with each other we aren't going to attract top players to sit and wait for Harry Kane to get injured and the money we get for Janssen itwould be difficult to get anyone better with it.

Back
Top Bottom