Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought so

So let's get behind him as his teammates clearly did when he scored from open play last season but I do believe a season's loan with a struggling PL side like Spam, Brighton or Newcastle would do him good
Agreed.

We as fans should always back our players to come good unless they do something against the club. I can understand turning on Rose after his interview, or say if a player gets in a fight with a fan out on the town. But players like Sissoko or Janssen who's main fault is underperforming in my mind should always be backed and supported. Their uphill struggle doesn't have to become even bigger by having the fans against him.

I'd start him in the cups and give him game time in the games before/after CL games so Kane gets to rest and possibly look at loaning him out in January so he can get enough game time before the WC

Last edited:
If it's true he turned down the opportunity to move to three other clubs, then I feel it's going to take something special and consistent from him to change Poch's opinion.

If it's true he turned down the opportunity to move to three other clubs, then I feel it's going to take something special and consistent from him to change Poch's opinion.

It will take a lot of hard work and a sizeable slice of good luck. He will get a run in the domestic cups so if we make good progress there will be some opportunities.

Agreed.

We as fans should always back our players to come good unless they do something against the club. I can understand turning on Rose after his interview, or say if a player gets in a fight with a fan out on the town. But players like Sissoko or Janssen who's main fault is underperforming in my mind should always be backed and supported. Their uphill struggle doesn't have to become even bigger by having the fans against him.

I'd start him in the cups and give him game time in the games before/after CL games so Kane gets to rest and possibly look at loaning him out in January so he can get enough game time before the WC
As you very well know, being Swedish and all, Holland will not play the WC.

ahh, It was from Michael Bridge who said Jansen is in Poch's plans. Not selected for CL squad because of having to shuffle the pack but could be included in Jan. Something along those lines.
Dan Kilpatrick (Spurs reporter for ESPN) said the same on twitter.
"It's about numbers. We only have 17 place, we are 19. In January we check again".

Many teams have 2 attackers on subs bench and I cannot see why we cannot do the same.
With the amount of games we are meant to play and with Llorente being 32 the idea that Vincent won't get any game time is frankly quite comical. Start him in the cups and use him as a sub in the league. This also allows us to fully rest Kane before/right after CL games since we can alternate Llorente and Vincent

We as fans should always back our players to come good unless they do something against the club. I can understand turning on Rose after his interview, or say if a player gets in a fight with a fan out on the town. But players like Sissoko or Janssen who's main fault is underperforming in my mind should always be backed and supported.

The true litmus test is that IF Rose plays for us again (which I think he will) and plays WELL... how long before all is 'forgiven/forgotten'?

Likewise (though at the other end of the scale, how many games has 'likeable' Vincent got left if he underperforms for us...
ultimately, fans just wanna see a winning team, and much as it's nice to LIKE the players representing us, it's not essential. It's not like the fans have to be the players' best mates!

Personally, I think Aurier is gonna be a right nasty cunt... but I bet he's good right nasty cunt for us!!

Many teams have 2 attackers on subs bench and I cannot see why we cannot do the same.
Depends how you quantify and define "attackers"...
If it's all out Strikers, then yes, Llorente will be our only option in the CL...
but if you're thinking more along the lines of attacking players, then we have a few options!
Son, Lamela (if he ever plays again) Dele, Eriksen and N'Koudou can all play in an attacking role, and I think that's where Poch sees the goalscoring burden being shared around...
And besides, be honest, if we need a goal in Europe with 10 minutes to go... whi would you rather see come off the bench... Janssen, or Llorente???

Depends how you quantify and define "attackers"...
If it's all out Strikers, then yes, Llorente will be our only option in the CL...
but if you're thinking more along the lines of attacking players, then we have a few options!
Son, Lamela (if he ever plays again) Dele, Eriksen and N'Koudou can all play in an attacking role, and I think that's where Poch sees the goalscoring burden being shared around...
And besides, be honest, if we need a goal in Europe with 10 minutes to go... whi would you rather see come off the bench... Janssen, or Llorente???
There will be matches when we start Son, Dele, Eriksen &Kane then Llorente and 1 of Janssen or N'koudou should be on the bench. With injuries there will be times when 1 of them will not be available. If we need a goal to win/draw a match with time running out and say Llorente has already come on for either Kane or Son then I would prefer Janssen to come on than say Sissoko.
Maybe Janssen will be able to play better with Llorente and pick up on his knock downs.
It may not happen and Janssen may continue to fail but surely it is worth a shot.

GoIng to fenerbache?

I watched him for Holland the other day, he's too static and flat footed to be a good striker. Watches the ball instead of moving for the ball. This is something he'll have to work on in his career if he wants to make it.

Good move for him. If he doesn't make it there he cannot blame us at all and if he does make it his value and confidence will rise. Hope it goes well for him

Back
Top Bottom