Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel bad for Vinny. Seems like a good guy.

Lesson to future Spurs strikers... Don't wear the #9!!!!
I feel genuinely gutted if we've been partly responsible for throwing his career in the toilet (I know he also has responsibility for scoring some bloody goals).

If he's done at Spurs then I hope he gets back on track ASAP. Very disappointed if he declined a premier league loan move - it would have been the perfect tonic for his situation.

I feel genuinely gutted if we've been partly responsible for throwing his career in the toilet (I know he also has responsibility for scoring some bloody goals).

If he's done at Spurs then I hope he gets back on track ASAP. Very disappointed if he declined a premier league loan move - it would have been the perfect tonic for his situation.

You can't blame Spurs for Vinny not performing.

He's had amble opps to prove himself and failed almost every time

I will never, ever understand the ideology of football managers......there times we were 4-1, 4-0, 3-0 up and Vinny would get between 3 and 10 minutes.

What is the point in kicking a players self belief in the face for no reason?

Many a game he could have got at least 30 minutes.....and when we need a goal he gets brought in injury time.

Good luck Vince

If he is just canned off now I feel for him. He's literally done nothing wrong bar not scoring.

Poch at times can be ruthless.

That's quite a weird thing to say really.

His main job is to score goals. So if he's not doing it then he's not useful to Poch.

It isn't Poch's main responsibility to put loads of confidence into all his players, it's to win football matches. And he does a very good job of that.

Janssen got ample chances to establish himself in the side considering Kane was injured for months, and the first time around it was Janssen who got quite a few starts. He just didn't take those opportunities and sadly that's on him.

That 23-25m bid from WBA/Stoke must have been bullshit then. Can't see them not taking that if this is what it was going to come to.

Let's hope our rate of return this summer is better than last.

I will never, ever understand the ideology of football managers......there times we were 4-1, 4-0, 3-0 up and Vinny would get between 3 and 10 minutes.

What is the point in kicking a players self belief in the face for no reason?

Many a game he could have got at least 30 minutes.....and when we need a goal he gets brought in injury time.

Good luck Vince
I have been his biggest defender, but if he rejected a loan move to Brighton he only has himself to blame for the consequences. I'm firmly convinced he would've come good had we stuck by him, and I feel the loan move was a way of helping to see if he could live up to his potential.

That said, some Twitter bullshit doesn't lead me to believe he is out of our plans. He has a first team squad number after all, and this just seems rumour talk based on his exclusion from the CL squad (which is perfectly understandable).

I have been his biggest defender, but if he rejected a loan move to Brighton he only has himself to blame for the consequences. I'm firmly convinced he would've come good had we stuck by him, and I feel the loan move was a way of helping to see if he could live up to his potential.

That said, some Twitter bullshit doesn't lead me to believe he is out of our plans. He has a first team squad number after all, and this just seems rumour talk based on his exclusion from the CL squad (which is perfectly understandable).
He is either supremely confident in proving himself in the few chances he will get this season,or he is stuck in a comfort zone.
I hope its the former

The whole 'not good enough' mindset is a bit of a fucking joke for a guy who has moved to England with 1 season at the top level under his belt at the age of what, 22? If we wanted to buy Harry Kane MK II we shouldn't have tried it out with an unproven lad from the Eredivisie. Honestly think it would be a poor move for the club to shift him now, he should be pushing on in his second season not being chucked.

Hasn't helped that Poch has basically refused to play him and has multiple times played people out of position ahead of him. It's not like he is getting into goalscoring positions and fluffing them, he hasn't even looked half bad when he has played.

It's whatever because I trust in Poch's decisions but I will be disappointed if he is moved in Jan honestly.

Could be worse for him. He might not play for us, but he can atleast take comfort in the fact that he doesn't play for West Ham.

His main job is to score goals. So if he's not doing it then he's not useful to Poch.

People say he had his chance.....that 7 weeks of his first season where he was thrown in. Hardly fair to judge when Kane himself doesnt start scoring til Novemeber is it.

The rest of the season was bit part.

He cant score on the bench

I really don't know what the POLITICS involved here is, Poch has added some 3rd rate goal keeper to the champions league squad and frozen out Jassen , I am sick of this sh*t. why buy a player in the first place if we will not given him a chance? This isn't just about Jassen, but n'koudou , sissoko and wimmer .

Back
Top Bottom