Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dutch league goalscorers have tended to struggle in the PL overall.

He's young enough to make a good career for himself.

Good luck to him, obvious he really wanted to succeed here but the loyalty in the football world is a two way street.

Soldado and Janssen on the same team. Hope Fenerbahce like not scoring goals :dembelelol:

Soldado is coming back from a pretty serious knee injury so might not get a lot.

Jansen - I hope he gets 20 goals+ and we get a bit of cash back for him. He's a decent enough player and 23 years old.
Doesn't rely on pace so should improve with age.

Wish him all the best! Never hid my support for him. Best case now is that he has a great season in Turkey and comes back in the summer full of confidence and ready to challenge Llorente as backup or we get a good fee for him.

Either way I can't see how any of us can't be hoping he does well this season.

Looks like he's not getting the Vassell welcome in Turkey

article-1197078-0591DE0E000005DC-639_468x312.jpg

Darius-Vassell-receives-h-001.jpg

I'm still gutted he didn't get the Brighton loan move. Then we could see if he can really be a Premier League level striker if given game time. Would have been more useful as a way of seeing if he could cut it for us in the future.

That's the perplexing part for me. Why not take the loan elsewhere in the PL? Seems to make no sense as far as career advancement. I had high hopes for him and I still hope he turns out, but this doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.

That's the perplexing part for me. Why not take the loan elsewhere in the PL? Seems to make no sense as far as career advancement. I had high hopes for him and I still hope he turns out, but this doesn't seem like a step in the right direction.

Only thing I can think of is he thought he'd still have a fight to get in the team at Brighton, didn't realise he was going to be left out of the CL squad, and then panic moved after the window was shut and the only place left was Turkey.

Agreed, the Turkish league is in my opinion a lower standard than the Dutch league. He had the chance to go out on loan to Brighton and prove himslef at PL level, but declined it. Deep down i think he knows his game isn't good enough for the PL and does not want to accept it.

As I understand it we did not start negotiations to buy llorente until late on 30th August. Janssen was preparing for a World Cup match in France that was played on 31st August. At what stage did the club tell him he could go to Brighton and what notice/time did he had to make what is a life changing decision on where he would work & play for the next year?. I do not know what family considerations he has. He was happy at Spurs and I cannot criticise him for deciding against the move. He now has had time to think and talk to Poch which is a different scenario.
I cannot understand why he has to go now rather than wait to January but hope he does well in the future. I cannot see however well he does that he will be back.

I would have preferred his loan experience to come in the PL. I fear that he'll do the business out there and come back and we'll think we've got a shit hot player again, only for him to again struggle. If he was in the PL league and making more regular starts we would've been able to better assess his progress.

I cannot understand why he has to go now rather than wait to January
The club obviously doesn't think he will play much between now and then because of the CL restriction and I think it's pretty obvious that the club want to loan instead of sell in the hope he comes good for when Llorente runs out of steam. By loaning him now he will get more match experience and he will maintain his match fitness.

Has a player that has been loaned out by Pochettino ever come back to this club?
I don't think he's coming back.
He refused to let Winks, Onomah and CCV go out on loan when he first arrived.
He has always preferred to keep young talent here, regardless if they play. It's all about seamless continuity into the first team. Learning the philosophy. He'd rather have them training with the first team and learning than somewhere else.
He has loaned Onomah and CCV out now, so I would also be surprisied if they come back. I think they are gone too.

If we can't sell them, then maybe all 3 will come back

Back
Top Bottom