Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel quite sorry for Janssen. He took a big gamble with his career coming to Spurs and it hasn't paid off for him.

I really hope he stays though and gets another crack at trying to be Kane's number two. It's not like he's got anything more to lose at this point so pressure is completely off of him at this point. Maybe he could train/play his way back into Pochettino's plans.

It’s a sympathy case, it was Soldaldo all over again, there was a complete detachment of reality with both players. It always perplexes why so many wish to formulate an opinion on a player based on what they wish for that player rather than what they produce.

Somewhat patronising and a massive assumption!

I saw, what I believed were glimpses of a decent player, so must the scouts as this was no last minute sissoko deal, it went on for some time. I want him to succeed based on what I saw and not because I feel sorry for him.

Somewhat patronising and a massive assumption!

I saw, what I believed were glimpses of a decent player, so must the scouts as this was no last minute sissoko deal, it went on for some time. I want him to succeed based on what I saw and not because I feel sorry for him.

What did you see? No one ever qualifies this? What was in his game and what performances resulted in your thinking there was a player there? Why do you think that a player that scored 1 outfield goal in an entire league campaign would be acceptable for a club that currently competes at highest level?

What did you see? No one ever qualifies this? What was in his game and what performances resulted in your thinking there was a player there? Why do you think that a player that scored 1 outfield goal in an entire league campaign would be acceptable for a club that currently competes at highest level?
Piss off you shamless gooner troll

I'd still give him one more chance out on loan to prove himself since almost all of this season was derailed by injuries. Give him a loan at a championship club or a lower tier prem team before we finally cut ties
There’s a small possibility that could work. Look at Mitrovic this season for Fulham. I’d suggest he’s probably the exception though.

- I appreciated his balance and poise, the way he held the ball up with his back to goal and used his arms to great effect – reminded me of Berkcamp

- He looked to bring other players in and seemed to have his head up looking to tie things together

- his goal against Bournemouth ended up using both feet which is good to see, other players might have needed to switch or taken an extra touch

- I think he looked reasonably strong in the air

and above all he seemed to give a shite.

I'm certainly no Bielsa but he forms an opinion on a player in seconds... you get a feel if a player has skill, confidence and poise within an incredibly short time. How many seconds did it take to look at Sissoko on the ball before you thought 'Fuck' or Moura before thinking 'looks to be a player there', for me it was within the first few touches... Sure this can be wrong but it's how you get that 'feeling'.

So i'm no 'fanboy', just think he has potential and lets not forget he got kicked out of his dream club as a youth, he didn't shy away but worked his bollocks off to prove everyone wrong... Could say the same about Kane getting pushed out on loan.

I'm certainly no Bielsa but he forms an opinion on a player in seconds... you get a feel if a player has skill, confidence and poise within an incredibly short time. How many seconds did it take to look at Sissoko on the ball before you thought 'Fuck' or Moura before thinking 'looks to be a player there', for me it was within the first few touches... Sure this can be wrong but it's how you get that 'feeling'.

Appreciate these comments on a player, nicely put. I think Janssen's weaknesses are very significant though.

Been back in the squad with Fenerbahce for the last three games, playing in the last two and even scored today.

Fenerbahce have said that they want to loan him in again next season so maybe give him another season out on loan (either in Turkey or in the championship) before we cut ties completely?

Back
Top Bottom