Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed, not really sure what we expect from a player who hardly gets a run. Reading 'Brave New world' at the moment, Poch said him and his coaching staff decide on a player within a matter of minutes, he also goes onto to say that certain players need a season or two to adapt to a new league, he references Sonny. A clear example of a player who struggled in his first season who is smashing it now. We should compare the playing time Son got to Vincent... Sonny was out the door, he said to the gaffer he wanted to leave but Poch convinced him to stay for one more season.

I personally Like Vinny and hope wherever he is, he goes on to boss it. For me I saw a decent player in him and really appreciated his back story, struggles and commitment.
Username checks out

He's coming back....As a cyborg

DZO4aTtWkAIOPfe.jpg

For real tho that's a alt G treadmill. Allows athletes to run at a fraction of their actual weight. Perfect for cardio and weight loss without the wear and tare of running
Is it making his ears grow as well? I don't remember him looking like that. Maybe it's chnaging his genetics in to Gareth Bale and we should get him back.

In all seriousness I could do with one of them. I've got the hip of an 80 year old man already thanks to all the snowboarding I've done, plus my knee isn't the best. I literally can't even run any more as It's damage limitation for me now. Can't wait to get old. It's going to be so much fun.

Is it making his ears grow as well? I don't remember him looking like that. Maybe it's chnaging his genetics in to Gareth Bale and we should get him back.

In all seriousness I could do with one of them. I've got the hip of an 80 year old man already thanks to all the snowboarding I've done, plus my knee isn't the best. I literally can't even run any more as It's damage limitation for me now. Can't wait to get old. It's going to be so much fun.
Move to blatant thread.

Sin bin vote cast

:troll:

feel sad about this one. Would like it to still work out. We gave Sissoko a run FFS but not this guy.
I'd still give him one more chance out on loan to prove himself since almost all of this season was derailed by injuries. Give him a loan at a championship club or a lower tier prem team before we finally cut ties

I'd still give him one more chance out on loan to prove himself since almost all of this season was derailed by injuries. Give him a loan at a championship club or a lower tier prem team before we finally cut ties

Yup I would prefer that, there's some reasonable teams in the premiership who would hopefully take him. I really don't want to see him going just yet but perhaps we've already moved on?

I doubt it, at least not in the premier league. I don't like talking smack about any current or ex-players but I'm still more than a little baffled by what quite a large proportion of our fanbase see in Vinny. What I see is a willing but limited player who doesn't have the core attributes to be successful in a top four team (especially his mobility, I've seen more movement in an ironing board tbh).

I could see him doing OK in Serie A or another league where play is more static, which will suit him as he can actually receive a ball and shoot.

I doubt it, at least not in the premier league. I don't like talking smack about any current or ex-players but I'm still more than a little baffled by what quite a large proportion of our fanbase see in Vinny. What I see is a willing but limited player who doesn't have the core attributes to be successful in a top four team (especially his mobility, I've seen more movement in an ironing board tbh).

I could see him doing OK in Serie A or another league where play is more static, which will suit him as he can actually receive a ball and shoot.

It’s a sympathy case, it was Soldaldo all over again, there was a complete detachment of reality with both players. It always perplexes why so many wish to formulate an opinion on a player based on what they wish for that player rather than what they produce.

Janssen is not even good in the Turkish League, he won't turn good. We've been very stupid in this buy, he came from the second division, had a shit first half of season, then scored a bunch of easy goals an we overpayed for him, for an arguably 5 months of good football. I blame our scouts for this.

It’s a sympathy case, it was Soldaldo all over again, there was a complete detachment of reality with both players. It always perplexes why so many wish to formulate an opinion on a player based on what they wish for that player rather than what they produce.

Well, sometimes you can see potential in a player that is not doing well. In this particular case I can't see a slow player with limited movement (two attributes not really teachable, you can get a yard or two faster from a standing start but that's it) suddenly turning into a handy backup CF for us.

Janssen is not even good in the Turkish League, he won't turn good. We've been very stupid in this buy, he came from the second division, had a shit first half of season, then scored a bunch of easy goals an we overpayed for him, for an arguably 5 months of good football. I blame our scouts for this.

That’s all it was, he had a quiet first half of the season in his first season in the Dutch top flight. I would love to see our scouting report for him because he has no discernible qualities. And the fee wasn’t cheap at the time, crazy stuff.

Well, sometimes you can see potential in a player that is not doing well. In this particular case I can't see a slow player with limited movement (two attributes not really teachable, you can get a yard or two faster from a standing start but that's it) suddenly turning into a handy backup CF for us.

Pace I can live with but his movement is absolutely appalling and coupled with his limited technique and intelligence it was as if we had signed a league 1 striker. That was a badly prepared window from us.

I was desperate for Janssen to have a second season here, but if it’s not to be then so be it.
I like the guy, but two goals in Turkey in half a season before the injury doesn’t make me feel he’s got it.

Llorente can go too, I’d be happy promoting a youngster to be honest.
It will be no worse than the last few years back up.

Back
Top Bottom