Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only way we waste the money is by treating him how we have so far......zero game time (other than being thrown into the first team when Kane got injured around September), then basically doing we did with Llorente.

Janssen didnt even get minutes when cruising with 3 or 4 goal leads, surely its far more cost efficient to get the best out of him. That takes time, it seems like patience is only afforded to a chosen few.

People seem ok with this because "Kane wants the golden boot".....but Im afraid the team must come first, and as we can see, Kane doesnt do too great with no rest over the course of a season. What is it now, 4 injuries in two seasons?

Janssen was largely underwhelming, no doubt, but he's made just 21 appearances, and many of those were being subbed on somewhere between 75th and 85th minutes. Its not enough.
Our second strikers are not integrated efficiently. They get 3 minutes when we're 4-1 up, but are expected to come in and change games we are losing after not kicking a ball for months on end.

It begs the question, why were they signed in the first place, and comes back to us having a large core of players who just dont get used. Why is Kane playing in the PL, CL and FA Cup? Why are we paying Llorente a wage? And Janssen for that matter.

Id actually be happy for Vinny to return, I never wanted him to go to be honest, and Im not sure why so many people were saying the gulf in quality to Llorente was so obvious in the early games.
It was like for like, minus the youth, and effort.

We have to be better at rotating, or this will just happen over and over and over again.

don't offer him a contract then, that's the £19m we paid for him down the toilet, offer him a contract and we may save some of that money
You sound like one of these gambling addicts that's always chasing a loss. Sometimes you just have to cut your loses. We sell him, unless he refuses to go again, in which case we loan him out again.

The only way we waste the money is by treating him how we have so far......zero game time (other than being thrown into the first team when Kane got injured around September), then basically doing we did with Llorente.

Janssen didnt even get minutes when cruising with 3 or 4 goal leads, surely its far more cost efficient to get the best out of him. That takes time, it seems like patience is only afforded to a chosen few.

People seem ok with this because "Kane wants the golden boot".....but Im afraid the team must come first, and as we can see, Kane doesnt do too great with no rest over the course of a season. What is it now, 4 injuries in two seasons?

Janssen was largely underwhelming, no doubt, but he's made just 21 appearances, and many of those were being subbed on somewhere between 75th and 85th minutes. Its not enough.
Our second strikers are not integrated efficiently. They get 3 minutes when we're 4-1 up, but are expected to come in and change games we are losing after not kicking a ball for months on end.

It begs the question, why were they signed in the first place, and comes back to us having a large core of players who just dont get used. Why is Kane playing in the PL, CL and FA Cup? Why are we paying Llorente a wage? And Janssen for that matter.

Id actually be happy for Vinny to return, I never wanted him to go to be honest, and Im not sure why so many people were saying the gulf in quality to Llorente was so obvious in the early games.

We have to be better at rotating, or this will just happen over and over and over again.
Well said. It’s probably my only gripe with Poch. It is a squad game. Everyone talks about having depth. But we can’t expect miracles from 5 minute cameos no matter how good the depth is. His substitutions and the timings of them often leave me cold.

You're finished on here, maggot. Go back to whatever sewer you crawled out of, multi prick

tumblr_oukxtkj2nw1rlheeoo1_500.gif

We've been unlucky too - a Chelsea reject like Salah hit the ground running, no rotation needed. We've never had that - almost like we used all our luck up with Kane!

We've been unlucky too - a Chelsea reject like Salah hit the ground running, no rotation needed. We've never had that - almost like we used all our luck up with Kane!

I know it may feel that way but Bale, Kane and Deli were each golden eggs that have helped accelerate our progress.

Arguably Berba set the ball rolling too.

I know it may feel that way but Bale, Kane and Deli were each golden eggs that have helped accelerate our progress.

Arguably Berba set the ball rolling too.

Should have been more specific - I meant spurs support strikers AKA my halloween costume next year.

Berbatov is the last exception (12 years ago!)

I liked Janssen. Thought he was starting to hit his groove a bit towards the end of his first season. Was getting involved a lot more and his hold up play starting to mimic his work ethic.

If we do get a good fee for him though then he'll be off.

You are right on it. One of many negative effects of being Harry Kane team as Pep called it sometime ago. Most Spurs fan are ok with it though I take because he is "one of our own". But merely being content with it usually leads the team lift nothing but air end of each season

I liked Janssen. Thought he was starting to hit his groove a bit towards the end of his first season. Was getting involved a lot more and his hold up play starting to mimic his work ethic.

If we do get a good fee for him though then he'll be off.

It'd be a miracle at this point if we were able to recoup his full fee.
I too agree he seemed to be coming into his own at the end of the previous season.
I don't know exactly what Llorente brought to the team this year other than hitting a snow hat-trick against a league one club, but Vinny could have done that too, growing/preserving his value, and would have cost us nothing extra while doing so.
Bottom line he gave a fuck about Spurs.

You are right on it. One of many negative effects of being Harry Kane team as Pep called it sometime ago. Most Spurs fan are ok with it though I take because he is "one of our own". But merely being content with it usually leads the team lift nothing but air end of each season

hahahahahahah so playing Kane causes us to not win trophies?

Kane's played 3,320 minutes so far this season .... Salah's played 3,558 .... those feckwit dippers must be really stupid playing him so much ... no chance of winning the CL by doing that ... oh wait a minute ....

Last season Costa played for 3,490 minutes for the side that won the EPL ... what a feckin' mistake, they're so much better now he's gone ..........

and if you still think not playing your best players works ... then Ronaldo with 3,275 minutes and Messi with 3,577 minutes say hello ....

Can't believe so many managers can be so stupid ... get the quality players off and put some rubbish players on instead ... you know it makes sense .....

Spot on Sammy. Poch didn't seem to fancy him much, who knows what was happening in training, but I was disappointed he got such low game time to prove himself. Just seemed a bit of a waste. A similar scenario was starting to happen with Lucas Moura but the Man U debacle may change that.

Spot on Sammy. Poch didn't seem to fancy him much, who knows what was happening in training, but I was disappointed he got such low game time to prove himself. Just seemed a bit of a waste. A similar scenario was starting to happen with Lucas Moura but the Man U debacle may change that.

Moura isn't the same situation, the guy hasn't had a pre season or much time to adapt only next season will we know and judge. Also as a midfielder there is more opportunity for a run as we've seen... The one target man space is precious and it will stop any decent forward wanting to come to us. In some-ways it would be in everyone's interest to mix it up more:

- Kane would get rest
- Other players would get a chance and might find their stride
- Would keep the opposition guessing
- Would show potential transfers they have the chance to shine

we've made a rod for our own back here...

hahahahahahah so playing Kane causes us to not win trophies?

Kane's played 3,320 minutes so far this season .... Salah's played 3,558 .... those feckwit dippers must be really stupid playing him so much ... no chance of winning the CL by doing that ... oh wait a minute ....

Last season Costa played for 3,490 minutes for the side that won the EPL ... what a feckin' mistake, they're so much better now he's gone ..........

and if you still think not playing your best players works ... then Ronaldo with 3,275 minutes and Messi with 3,577 minutes say hello ....

Can't believe so many managers can be so stupid ... get the quality players off and put some rubbish players on instead ... you know it makes sense .....

I agree. The cover for Kane needs to have dual role of being able to cover for Kane but also play with him when we are losing by coming on as sub and improving our goal threat. Both Janssen and Llorente have failed on both counts.

I agree. The cover for Kane needs to have dual role of being able to cover for Kane but also play with him when we are losing by coming on as sub and improving our goal threat. Both Janssen and Llorente have failed on both counts.

...Neither spent much (any?) time on the pitch with Harry to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom