Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is he still our player??

I imagine that in some alternate Tottenham Universe, Janssen, Soldado & Llorente are striking fear into the whole of Europe as our fearsome Forward three ...

Meanwhile, 'journeyman Striker' and perennial Loanee Harry Kane, is struggling to make a mark at Swindon Town; his 17th club.
:kanehand:

Is he still our player??

I imagine that in some alternate Tottenham Universe, Janssen, Soldado & Llorente are striking fear into the whole of Europe as our fearsome Forward three ...

Meanwhile, 'journeyman Striker' and perennial Loanee Harry Kane, is struggling to make a mark at Swindon Town; his 17th club.
:kanehand:
And yet, even in that weird parallel dimension, Noble still can't get an England cap

Have to feel for the Fenerbache supporters for having to contend with Soldaldo and Janssen in the team. I would love to know what our scouts saw in Janssen.

He was a decent gamble. As Joe said, he was the top scorer in the top Dutch division, young, and at a stage in his career where sitting on the bench as Kane’s understudy was acceptable.

Worth the risk, in my opinion.

We play one striker, and happen to have the best striker in the world. We can’t afford to pay mega bucks for a high quality sub, so what are our options?

He was a decent gamble. As Joe said, he was the top scorer in the top Dutch division, young, and at a stage in his career where sitting on the bench as Kane’s understudy was acceptable.

We play one striker, and happen to have the best striker in the world. We can’t afford to pay mega bucks for a high quality sub, so what are our options?

Sorry for the unpleasantness the other day Jerry. I had a cob on and I was out of order. :dierpochhug:

Questionable fitness, limited technique, no pace, absolutely shocking movement and he had only one top flight league campaign to his name. He may have been a top scorer in that league but so have a host of mediocre players. I’m just interested to know what they saw in him because he no desirable attributes that I can see. £16 million at the time wasnt really a punt as well. I’m not advocating for a large money signing, I want effective scouting and the signing of Vincent Janssen is the absolute opposite of that .

Sorry for the unpleasantness the other day Jerry. I had a cob on and I was out of order. :dierpochhug:

It’s all good, Joe. I was out of order too, and was similarly in a bad mood due to other stuff going on. I can be an antagonistic arse at times. Usually when alcohol is involved. Happy to draw a line under it.

Considering what turned out with Llorente - would have much rather kept him as an option - younger, quicker, higher work rate and higher potential ceiling. Even when Llorente is on - we don't even play to his strengths - pointless signing

Last edited:
I think the biggest error we made wasn't signing Janssen, but selecting him in the first team too soon. We should have given him the youth treatment from the start, perhaps a loan early on, but given him the chance to adapt to the team & league before sticking him into a no-win situation replacing Kane.

I think the biggest error we made wasn't signing Janssen, but selecting him in the first team too soon. We should have given him the youth treatment from the start, perhaps a loan early on, but given him the chance to adapt to the team & league before sticking him into a no-win situation replacing Kane.

Indeed, not really sure what we expect from a player who hardly gets a run. Reading 'Brave New world' at the moment, Poch said him and his coaching staff decide on a player within a matter of minutes, he also goes onto to say that certain players need a season or two to adapt to a new league, he references Sonny. A clear example of a player who struggled in his first season who is smashing it now. We should compare the playing time Son got to Vincent... Sonny was out the door, he said to the gaffer he wanted to leave but Poch convinced him to stay for one more season.

I personally Like Vinny and hope wherever he is, he goes on to boss it. For me I saw a decent player in him and really appreciated his back story, struggles and commitment.

Back
Top Bottom