Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get the distinct feeling that those quotes are taken out of context.

Sounds a bit cuntish. But without the full interview it's hard to form a full opinion imo

My view is that it's a throw away line because he thinks that's what the fans want to hear.

Ask him if he thinks he's more likely to pick up the league title in Turkey with Fenerbahce or the PL with Spurs, and he might be right in saying the former. Who knows. But ask him which trophy he would prefer to get his hands on and I think we all know the answer.

Also lets be honest, he left because he knew he wasn't going to get a game. Nothing to do with wanting to win trophies, although I'm sure he does want to, it's not why he agreed a loan away from Spurs.

No hard feelings from me. I hope he absolutely smashes it over there and comes back to us next year brimming with confidence and pushing Harry for his place.

The way i interpret it is that he opted for a loan to Fenerbahce as opposed to other sides because he knew there was a good chance that they would win something this year as the dominant team in their league.

Makes sense unless you are desperate to take it out context... and who would want to do that?

My view is that it's a throw away line because he thinks that's what the fans want to hear.

Ask him if he thinks he's more likely to pick up the league title in Turkey with Fenerbahce or the PL with Spurs, and he might be right in saying the former. Who knows. But ask him which trophy he would prefer to get his hands on and I think we all know the answer.

Also lets be honest, he left because he knew he wasn't going to get a game. Nothing to do with wanting to win trophies, although I'm sure he does want to, it's not why he agreed a loan away from Spurs.

No hard feelings from me. I hope he absolutely smashes it over there and comes back to us next year brimming with confidence and pushing Harry for his place.
I don't take it as in particular the reason he left Spurs - he left to play and I think he would admit that readily. Rather I think the trophy line is directed toward why he went to Fenerbache rather than some West Brom level PL club.

The way i interpret it is that he opted for a loan to Fenerbahce as opposed to other sides because he knew there was a good chance that they would win something this year as the dominant team in their league.

Makes sense unless you are desperate to take it out context... and who would want to do that?

Even that might be giving him too much credit. I think there's every possibility that he turned down Brighton not because he didn't think they'd win the league, but because he thought Spurs had more chance of winning the league/FA Cup/League Cup/CL and he was still hoping to be a (bit) part of that. When Llorente came in at the 11th hour he knew he'd be limited to a couple of League Cup appearances at best and grabbed the first (and only?) option that came along. Just happens to be with a team that stands somewhat of a chance of winning their league.

“I left Tottenham to win trophies here, that is my main drive,” Janssen told reporters.

“I have never won a trophy in my career so that is my goal.

“I really want to win a trophy here, the whole team is driven for success.”

It's a nothing statement. Every player says "I came here to win trophies". Pretty sure Aurier and Sanchez even said that when joining us.

The title of the article massively takes it out of context - "I left Tottenham to win trophies" vs "I hope to win trophies at Fernebahce"

Vinny is probably still acclimatising to a very alien environment. Turkish football can be intimidating and he;s trying to get on well with the football fanatics there. If he plays well he will be treated like a god, they are still in awe there when a foreign player joins a turkish club .

Agree with the above but Mr. Janssen with one PL goal from open play pushing Kane? Good one. I think Ben Davies would have a better chance pushing Kane with more goals in open play.

If that's all he REALLY wants to do, then he could've saved himself the 5 hour flight and just signed for Celtic.
They're pretty much nailed on to win something every year... until Rangers get their act together!

If that's all he REALLY wants to do, then he could've saved himself the 5 hour flight and just signed for Celtic.
They're pretty much nailed on to win something every year... until Rangers get their act together!
yeah or he could play in Iceland. I'm sure he could win a trophy there.
Oh, and I doubt Celtic would be very interested in his services.

Rangers or our friends at Aberdeen.

Aberdeen's new stadium project looks proper nice based off of the concept video. Obviously a smaller stadium than what we are building. But a world class, modern day stadium and sports complex.

Well yes but I guess the team themselves have a say in whether he signs for them.

Turkey may have been the best option on the table.

Remember the Llorente deal only started on 30th August pm and finalised on 31st August. At the time Janssen was playing a World Cup qualifier and really did not have time to consider a move. The Turkish transfer window closed at a later date giving him time to consider and was the only real option. I think his comments are aimed at the Turkish supporters and rightly so as he does not know if he will be welcome back at Tottenham.

Remember the Llorente deal only started on 30th August pm and finalised on 31st August. At the time Janssen was playing a World Cup qualifier and really did not have time to consider a move. The Turkish transfer window closed at a later date giving him time to consider and was the only real option. I think his comments are aimed at the Turkish supporters and rightly so as he does not know if he will be welcome back at Tottenham.

Can we really blame him?

I don’t think he’s had a chance really

Back
Top Bottom