Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EBn8QzfWwAAnzP1

EBn8RnkXoAAHdQr

Whilst I do think Eriksen aided us in our come back.

I can't help but think the change in shape was the main reason. We simply HAVE to stay away from this diamond bollocks.

Anyone expecting any different from todays game is just someone who's expectations are a bit too high.

We dominated that game from start to finish. Bar the error in judgement by Rose for their opening goal, they barely threatened us at all. We saw a lot more of the ball (70% possession), had double digits for corners (14-0). We had over 4x the amount of shots they had (31-7).

It's the opening day. We weren't 100% at the races as you aren't going to be on the opening day. Up against a team who are back in the Premier League and willing to put their bodies on the line early on. I mean, Liverpool didn't look at their best yesterday against another new team yet came away with a 4-1 win and Norwich created a lot more against them.

Take it for what it is. A winning start. 3 goals to kick off the season. Kane starting the season on goalscoring form. A debut goal from our record signing and a promising performance by our new right back.

COYS

YIKkaJt.png

Subs: Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Aurier, Skipp, NDombele, Lo Celso, Parrott

Villa plays a 4-3-3 so I'd imagine Poch will put out something like this. A 4-4-2 diamond (that sometimes looks like a 4-3-3 and sometimes like a 4-2-3-1). COYS
We didn’t pay all that money for Ndombele and give him a full preseason to sit on the bench. He is a nailed on starter.

Sorry but I don't agree. We were outplayed in the 1st half. No one can argue with that. But once Eriksen came on, we saw the whole team raise their game. But it was not a piece of piss by any means. Let's hope Poch realised his error and starts CE against City. There is a real chemistry between Winks, Kane, Ndombele and Eriksen and hopefully once Lo Celso joins the mix, well, I can see us challenging for 2nd place.
Utter bollocks, we WERE NOT outplayed in the first half at all. Their goal was a hoofball foot race and was well taken, not great defending but these things happen. We played the half at 60% pace and they just about kept their head above water by defending in depth and relying on the occasional breakout.
Second half was about moving through the gears and restructuring the formation. Eriksen made a difference and looked like the Eriksen of 2 seasons ago, but the tide was well on the turn when he came on.
Saying they were dominant or on top is hogwash, they only played as well as we allowed them to.

Back
Top Bottom