Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Sissoko in the correct position next time

V
V

aAJaxTx.jpg

The only good reason to drop Eriksen would have been to get a message to Levy. But if it was to send a message to the player, then Poch made himself and the club look like fools here.
There was only one message to Eriksen either go now or you will be on the bench not a starter

Tottenham have won 37 Premier League games after finding themselves behind at half-time, more than any other side.

So much for weak mentality.

How about we just let the opposition score straight from the kick off..then we have 89 minutes to win the game instead of just 45 ??
(Oh dear, over indulgence of the Guinness I fear).....yep "I'll get my coat". :roflmao:
Great win today though...Ndombele looks super cool, class finish and Harry firing on all cylinders right from the off. :thumbup: Luvvly jubbly...let's go to City and bring some points back

Laura woods is a fucking inane, giggling bimbo....

Get her off my wireless!!! :lamelaaghh:

Where the fuck did I 'write him off'? It's clear as day that he isn't going to be a passing playmaker for us, he is just not that kind of player.

Neither was Dembele..... We didn't buy Ndombele to replace Eriksen or to be the new Modrich.

Last edited:
Great to get the win - pretty or not, the formation change and Eriksen's introduction both completely transformed the game; it worries me that Poch continues to use the diamond though.

Ultimately, we've still got Alli, Lo Celso, Son and Jan (among others) to come back into the team - can only see us getting stronger.

COYS

Nope.

Offered nothing in the final third.

Just can't have that anymore.

He needs to get over his fear of driving by players on the flank, or it's just gonna gonna work.

To be fair TT, it's hard to drive past players when the game is backed into the final third, Walker never did it either, few FB's do, especially in those circumstances, but I trust KWP to try (as we saw in the game against Inter and many times for the development teams) once the opportunities are there and he's got his feet under the table a little and his confidence levels up.

Lets give the kid more than a one game run for the first time in his senior career and see what happens ?

Rose wasn't awful. The fuck??

He was pretty bad. Gave the ball away atrociously, wasted good positions, bar that great early cross for Moira, defended terribly for the goal and then to concede another chance first half that Davinson bailed him out on. Gave away stupid free kicks when we had them on the rack as well. If that was Trippier he'd be getting absolutely mullered.

Erisken coming in certainly helped. No doubt.

The bigger change was having Lamela and Lucas play wide on their wings and the fullbacks tucked inside a bit.

Right now we don’t have the fullbacks who can threaten so I hope Poch continues with this. Son and Lucas should be staying wide to create our width.

This allowed Eriksen and Ndombele plenty of space to operate behind Kane.

Very much a 4-3-3 look

I don’t think Vertonghen would ask to leave after the window closing. He loves this team, he said 2 weeks ago he wants a new contract.

Maybe there’s more to it, but I don’t think it’s transfer related. Eriksen and Alderweireld both played a part still.

I don’t think Vertonghen would ask to leave after the window closing. He loves this team, he said 2 weeks ago he wants a new contract.

Maybe there’s more to it, but I don’t think it’s transfer related. Eriksen and Alderweireld both played a part still.

As we become more successful we’re going to have to deal with bigger personalities.

If Poch gave JV a time-out today I’m sure he deserved it. Players and managers have fights all the time.

Not w everything has to be extreme. They’re both professionals so I’m sure this will just be a bump in the road

Whilst I do think Eriksen aided us in our come back.

I can't help but think the change in shape was the main reason. We simply HAVE to stay away from this diamond bollocks.

I hate that diamond too Totts, but it's hard to tell which out of the formation change, Eriksen's introduction and just the constant pressure told more.

I hate that diamond because Moura is not a CF for a start, he's got no composure and a pea brain, and just runs into legs the whole time, it makes us very narrow and easy to defend against, and one of the 8's has invariably Sissoko for the last year, who's fucking gash.

But if we switch to a 4231, it's going to mean Ndombele dropping back and having to do a lot more double pivot donkey work and less getting forward and doing purer 8 type stuff. Not the end of the world, he can do it, but I just do not understand why Poch will never entertain a 433.

Ndombele-------Winks--------Lo Celso

Moura/Son/Lamela--------Kane--------Son/Sess/Moura​

Back
Top Bottom