Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can only hope Jan starts vs City and we forget all this contract talk stuff. He deserves another deal, I hope poch hasn’t alienated him! He doesn’t deserve that.

Oh I will say - thought Sanchez was great today! Intercepted loads and used his pace to great effect!

About time Sanchez got a decent run in a settled defence again.

Glad to see he done well on the left side too. Usually Poch puts Toby there.

Tbf, Tanguy is on another level.

Others will have to raise their game around him.

He can pass on a dime, but no use running straight lines all day or waiting for balls to feet, static.

That's wasting him.

If we can improve our dynamism around the box we can properly utilise his craft.

The guy is immense.
Nice to see you in here Mr TT, did A@C ban you?

🤣🤣

BBC quote "Kane gets Spurs out of jail" with this sitting at the bottom of the page lol

OXsFhVc.png

Life without Eriksen looking pretty bleak based on that 60min performance I have got to say. We need to find a solution to our playstyle when we don't have a natural playmaker in midfield because that is where we are headed.

Very frustrating to see the amount of standing still we had in that period as well; literally no runs being made off the ball.

Good comeback and typical performance from us in the last year - but it takes the glimmer off the game when we don't look very convincing. Hope we can put in a good performance against City or they will blow us away.

The game changed when he came on but I don't think that is solely down to him. The formation shifted, we started pressing higher and even harder than before, players moved to more natural positions for them and we exploited our chances. I don't think it hurt that Villa finally started to become worn out from the pressure.

Based upon his season last year, I don't know how to feel about Eriksen anymore. He has been so integral to the team and our success, but I can't help but feel that we are both better apart at this point. Lo Celso can hopefully come in and help fill the void, and it is possible that Winks can play more advanced as well.

feel that when we lost Dembele it was more of a significant impact on our quality of play than if we were to lose Eriksen.

I think it was a bit of both. Villa definitely tired and it helped changing formation and not having the Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele midfield anymore. But it was also clear from the moment Eriksen came on that he took on the playmaking role and got us into another gear. We absolutely need Lo Celso or someone else step up and take that responsibility and make us tick when Eriksen isn’t here.

But Winks is not the answer. He is closer to a DM than an AM. He is good at winning the ball back and keeping possession and getting the ball to the likes of Eriksen. He is like Chelseas Jorginho.

Life without Eriksen looking pretty bleak based on that 60min performance I have got to say. We need to find a solution to our playstyle when we don't have a natural playmaker in midfield because that is where we are headed.

Very frustrating to see the amount of standing still we had in that period as well; literally no runs being made off the ball.

Good comeback and typical performance from us in the last year - but it takes the glimmer off the game when we don't look very convincing. Hope we can put in a good performance against City or they will blow us away.
We have just signed GIO!

Back
Top Bottom