Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing people think we will be ok without Eriksen. Granted we have Lo Celso, Dele, Son and Sessengon to come in, but the guy is a game winner for us.

He changed the game today and proved he is very important.

COYS

On the opening day of the season I really couldn't give a shit how good or bad we are, it means nothing. Fitness, points and no injuries are what matters.

Liverpool might have won 4-1 and played well, but they've lost their first choice keeper as a result.

City might have won 5-0 but Sane is basically out for the season due to the Community Shield.

Out of Liverpool, City and Tottenham we've come out of it the best in these opening two weeks.

This thing that Ndombele looked tired - I saw a couple mentioned it here and they did just now on Sky...

I wonder if that's just his style?

And fuck off Redknapp calling Gio "De Celso". Fucking wankcloth

Liverpool weren't any better than us. In fact, I think we were probably better. Unfortunately we didn't get the rub of the green and gifted a few goals like they were.

City are a different animal. We are no where near their level and likely won't be until Guardiola is gone

At no point in the match were Liverpool ever chasing their game, they were 4-0 up at half time and cruising. Please don't tell me you were not the least bit anxious second half today ? I know for sure I was because I couldn't see where the goals were coming from until we changed formation.
The fact is we have stuck with Liverpool and City on three points after one game but in a league of 'comfortable' wins you have to put ours down as third.
It's testament to the players determination (Lamela's especially for the second goal) that we didn't slide to a 1-0 defeat or a lame draw. I am by no means saying that Liverpool are a better team than us as I honestly believe we can overtake them this season and yes City are quite simply playing unbeatable football at the moment. The point I was making was that out of the top three teams we were the ones who struggled to get the 3 points over the line. Job done and we move on...hopefully learning from it.
Oh and yes, I honestly think we can come back from City with a point next week (maybe even sneak three) :thumbup:
:coys:

Back
Top Bottom