Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

37pisy.jpg

The fact you have to even ask the question is quite sad.

Sissoko shouldn't be in anyone's starting eleven for any serious games this season now we've strengthened areas.

City is exactly the game Sissoko SHOULD be playing in. I know it is counter-intuitive when you see him put in a poor performance against a newly promoted side, but Sissoko's weaknesses are all exposed and his strengths unused when we have all the possession and the opponent is parking the bus. It's the opposite when we play a top team where we will have to defend heavily and carry the ball in transition.

I'm not saying he's the ideal player EVER and I do hope we get to the point where he is just a squad player, but for where we are right now, I think he's very much in the discussion to start vs City.

It's time for people to get behind Eriksen and Rose, they are professionals, both played yesterday despite all the bullshit about their head being somewhere else. You may not like what they've said or done but for now they are Tottenham players and while they are such, I have every confidence that they are committed to our cause.

Well, after a frustrating 75 minutes that was a fantastic comeback. The sort of game you just know we would have lost 0-1 before Poch.
But we have to acknowledge a key factor was the introduction of Eriksen.
We must offer him a contract he can't refuse. And if he really has set his heart on leaving, the very least we should be doing is keeping him and getting the best out of him for his last season.
We only paid around 11million for him. If he leaves next year for free not one person (including Levy)can say we haven't got full value for money. 7 years of value.
And he's now approaching his prime.
Eriksen must stay. Selling him in the next few weeks would reek of putting profit before the success of the team.
This is a litmus test for our owners. If Chris is still here in September, even I will start to be convinced.

Last edited:
Call me naive, but I don't believe for one bit Vertonghen is "being a bitch" about his contract situation.
Far too professional to do that!

Did we learn anything from that performance today?
Fucking right we did, first up I don’t ever want anyone to question Harry Kane ever again🤨

Secondly, never set us up like that again Poch, it was like fingernails on a blackboard watching Sissoko on that right hand side of whatever the fuck that formation was....

So.....

Back to basics, the world revolves around Harry Kane and so it should, he Is the one true king, so dropping Sissoko deep, getting Lamela right up Kane’s arse occupying the penalty spot with Eriksen and Lucas floating left and right was a throw back to Kane, Alli, Eriksen & (enter name) era, and it fucking works......Kane needs to be able to drift wide and forcing him Centre because the clowns behind him can’t pass a fucking ball killed us for 60mins, enter Eriksen and it looked 1000 times better......

Build around Kane at all costs, but don’t let the opposition build around Kane or we are fucked......

Diamonds are a girls best friend, not Tottenham’s😖😖

Great post. Toby tweeted that the fans kept the team going and watching my stream you could hear the noise. The comms even stopped talking so as to just let the TV audience listen. Fantastic!
Toby's not wrong. From N'Dombele's goal onwards we had 23 minutes-worth of sheer incredible atmosphere. Not just noise - it was emotional atmosphere and kinship of the highest order. No player could have failed to be swept along on that tide of support. They'll be looking forward to Newcastle.
The Villa morons (because that's how they behaved throughout) shrank visibly after the equaliser and by the end of the game they were TINY. Their moment in the sun had shrivelled them into small, empty husks which were swept away on the breeze. Just what they deserved - ugly bunch.

Well done to Levy and the stadium designers. It's delivering in spades and repaying the investment already.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Ndombele - Winks
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
2-0

COYS

👀

Edit -

Forgot Son was suspended so Sissoko in.

Last edited:
We could probably come up with 100 reasons why to start Eriksen or why not, but it would be very typical of Poch to start and trust him for this one and I would probably do the same.

Back
Top Bottom