Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen completely changed the game, we need to keep him so badly..

Tanguy was brilliant once Eriksen came on, seriously incredible. What a performance from him, he’s going to be a monster once he gets to know his teammates.

Lo Celso is going to add so much to this team I can’t wait to see him and Ndombele together. That second half we showed our true colours. COYS.

Whilst I do think Eriksen aided us in our come back.

I can't help but think the change in shape was the main reason. We simply HAVE to stay away from this diamond bollocks.

Ndombele turned into a different player after his goal.

I can’t wait for him to settle

Don't start this silly bullshit again, Sissoko was fucking atrocious today, and only looked OK in the last few minutes because by now we were camped in their third and their spirit had broke, and he had fuck all to do. If we were under pressure or if we are playing a decent team he's still shit there (see the CL final or the whole final third of last season where we took 11 points from 12 games).

Sissoko going back to CM2 today had absolutely fuck all to do with any up turn in performance in that game. And if we go back to playing 4231 Poch would be an absolute idiot if Sissoko keeps his place ahead of people like Winks, Ndombele or Skipp in it.

Poch going 4231, Eriksen coming on and just general constant pressure - we had 70% throughout - 30 odd shots - turned that game.
You're talking crap. Sissoko worked very hard and was good throughout the game.

Pretty much the whole pub I was in was rinsing him for how awful he was today. I'll hold my hands up and say last season was unbelievable for him. But today was the 2017 Sissoko.
Your pub was probably right until the subs. He was fine after the changes. I mean , can you even imagine Winks taking the ball from the air, running past two players and making an assist like Sissoko did? Unlikely.

Yes - he was. ineffective. Had loads of opportunities to run at Villa, but seemed to be scared to, so passed sideways instead. I'd go so far as to say he was a waste of space, hence Poch replacing him with Eriksen, thank goodness. The game changed from that moment on.
Sissoko, on the other hand, tried to make an impact every time he got the ball.
No you're wrong.

Winks was very good. Positionally excellent...drove forward...picked nice passes...defensively excellent. Very good performance.

I thoroughly enjoyed the second half today, thought our class and their lack of Premier League experience told in the end.
I wasn't in my normal seat today, we were sitting 12 rows from the front, right behind Poch's technical area. Would love to be there permanently. Had a great view of Ryan and Gio when they were on the pitch at the start, even got a wave from Gio :)
I thought KWP was great today, don't think he put a foot wrong, IMO. Tanguy did well for his debut, and a great goal, but a couple of times, thought he tried fancy flicks when something simple would have been more effective.
I don't know why there was a VAR red card check, as they didn't show it on MOTD, was it for one of ours or one of theirs? Not that it matters, I suppose.
Grealish looked good for them, great energy but ran out of steam towards the end. But that haircut!
:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom