Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

.........................................Lloris

................Toby..............Sanchez.............Jan

..........NDombele..................................Sissoko

............................................Winks

SonMoura......... ......LoCelso................MouraSess

.............................................Kane

Edited due to Son suspension

Last edited:
I don't trust these new-fangled mobile phone appy things. What if it dies just before you get to the ground? I can't see any ticket on my 'stadium access card', so I just have to pray that it's inside the plastic somewhere.

Give me a good, old-fashioned ticket anyday. This techy stuff worries me.

I'm not appy.

We're sitting behind our bench for this game, so will have a brilliant view of Poch and the subs. Will be good to be so close to the action for a change. Thank goodness my friend sorted out the gifting of the tickets, but it wasn't a smooth operation. She had to phone the ticket office to sort it all out. Had to get the tickets printed out though, not an option to have it on the app. What a palaver.
Now the transfer window is closed, am nervous and excited in equal measures for the start of a new season. I hope we get off to a flyer (especially when we know what our second game is), that the new signings settle in and the ones who want away realise what they have and buckle down and perform.
COYBeautifulS

MUST WIN GAME :)

LLORIS
KWP - TOBY - JAN - ROSE
WINKS - SISSOKO - NDOMBELE
LAMELA ERIKSEN
KANE

Spurs 3 - 0 Villa

Eriksen 30, Kane 60 (pen), Moura 82

.........................................Lloris

................Toby..............Sanchez.............Jan

..........NDombele..................................Sissoko

............................................Winks

Son..................................LoCelso................Moura

.............................................Kane
Son misses first 2 games, think it’s stupid how bans carry onto a different season! Coincidentally misses the title decider as well at the Ethiad! #conspiracy!

Dier and Wanyama have become such fragile players, what a shame.

Imagine what a midfield 3 of Ndombele - PRIME Wanyama - Sissoko would do for us :avbshock:

YIKkaJt.png

Subs: Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Aurier, Skipp, NDombele, Lo Celso, Parrott

Villa plays a 4-3-3 so I'd imagine Poch will put out something like this. A 4-4-2 diamond (that sometimes looks like a 4-3-3 and sometimes like a 4-2-3-1). COYS

Not great that once again we’re going to have little options on the bench. Strictly for this reason, I’d be having Lo Celso on the bench in case things aren’t working well.

Pretty worried about KWP to be honest, seems to lack concentration. Hopefully he plays a blinder and make RB his own.

The Eriksen/Rose situation don’t fill me with confidence, hopefully they put their heads down and put in a shift

Few lads I work with are Villa season ticket holders. They reckon Jota will play on their right with a new right back, apparently no good at tracking back. We need to get Lucas down that side and running at them.

McGinn, Grealish and Houriane will have a lot of energy in midfield so we need to match that. Haven’t seen much of their new striker, but they have a lot of new players who need to gel plus get ready for the pace of the premier league.

YIKkaJt.png

Subs: Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Aurier, Skipp, NDombele, Lo Celso, Parrott

Villa plays a 4-3-3 so I'd imagine Poch will put out something like this. A 4-4-2 diamond (that sometimes looks like a 4-3-3 and sometimes like a 4-2-3-1). COYS
We didn’t pay all that money for Ndombele and give him a full preseason to sit on the bench. He is a nailed on starter.

Back
Top Bottom