Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch quote :
“In the case of Victor, he suffered an injury and another player stepped up and took his place. We are in a team, we are not a charity.
“I am making clear the answer is not about Victor, but we are not a charity – it is about performance and the coaching staff have a lot of different options to play different players.
“I am the coach, I need to take the decision and hope it will be right. Victor is a very important player and, for different circumstances, went backwards.
“That is the evolution of football and things like that happen naturally at all clubs.”

Link 'We are not a charity' - Spurs midfielder close to exit after falling foul of Mauricio Pochettino

Poch quote :
“In the case of Victor, he suffered an injury and another player stepped up and took his place. We are in a team, we are not a charity.
“I am making clear the answer is not about Victor, but we are not a charity – it is about performance and the coaching staff have a lot of different options to play different players.
“I am the coach, I need to take the decision and hope it will be right. Victor is a very important player and, for different circumstances, went backwards.
“That is the evolution of football and things like that happen naturally at all clubs.”

Link 'We are not a charity' - Spurs midfielder close to exit after falling foul of Mauricio Pochettino

Agreed, I thought he was gone earlier this week and was waiting for confirmation on OS - suggestions that Wanyama had agreed wages with Bruges and Spurs had agreed transfer fee, so everything done....and Bruges in CL so lots of money and all good to go.

Belgium media suggested Bruges had given him until today to sign (with quotes from the coach) or they would move onto other targets.

So today pics of Wanyama training at Spurs and Belgium media quotes of another DM/CB having a medical at Bruges…..has Wanyama said no for some reason or Spurs pulled the plug on the deal for some reason ?

Certainly a bit of talking between Poch and Wanyama to be done - Poch clearly wanted him gone a year ago, but recent quotes might be tricky to get round !

So I'm now a lot less confident that Wanyama is definitely off to Bruges than a few days ago.

Hope this guy is doing the medical.

dr-nick-riviera.jpg

Poch quote :

Not one other manager talks like this....who actually says that about their own injured player?

We’ve been pretty fucking charitable to Lamela by the way

One thing is for certain, anyone who watched that Rangers v Celtic match will know one thing. Victor Wanyama of 2019 has no place in Scottish football.

Problem is that if he goes to Celtic they won't buy him - only want a loan deal with Sputprs subsidising perhaps 50% of his swaged.

And he will be back next summer as a problem player still to be sorted out.

Doubt if he has "failed" a medical at Bruges as manager there knows Wanyama very well ( former team mate and mentor) and as late as Thursday/Friday coach there was saying he was hoping Wanyama would come there. Looks like Wanyamas decision not to go there though if he doesn't go - Poch and Spurs have been trying to sell him for over a year so we wouldnt be pulling the deal

I just don't get how he went from being a Poch favourite to being pushed out of the door. Poch signed him for Southampton first and then brought him in to immediately take Dier's spot. And it was a vindicated choice.

Lamela also had lots of injury problems but when he became fit he was given the chance to reintegrate himself after so long out. Wanyama hasn't had that spell of games.

I just don't get how he went from being a Poch favourite to being pushed out of the door.

Lamela also had lots of injury problems but when he became fit he was given the chance to reintegrate himself after so long out. Wanyama hasn't had that spell of games.

They would have all the results from training and physio and be confident that he has no chance to get to the level that he needs to, where Lamella looks good when fit (his issue is staying fit).

No conspiracy here, they think he is finished at the top level and no amount of game time changes that.

Back
Top Bottom