Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They would have all the results from training and physio and be confident that he has no chance to get to the level that he needs to, where Lamella looks good when fit (his issue is staying fit).

No conspiracy here, they think he is finished at the top level and no amount of game time changes that.

We got through the Etihad tie last season in the UCL QF with Wanyama in. He was dead on his heels but then so did everyone else until Llorente nabbed a goal out of the blue. I hear what you're saying but I just feel if he could start against the best team in the country on their turf and we as a team came out of it fine then he surely should have got some starts against the weaker sides just to see test that theory if he's a liability post-injuries.

We got through the Etihad tie last season in the UCL QF with Wanyama in. He was dead on his heels but then so did everyone else until Llorente nabbed a goal out of the blue. I hear what you're saying but I just feel if he could start against the best team in the country on their turf and we as a team came out of it fine then he surely should have got some starts against the weaker sides just to see test that theory if he's a liability post-injuries.
Watching him in those games made me more certain he was done at the top level not less. We got through with him in the team and I thank him for the effort but I can't see a way back. The club have the physio reports which show progress etc and I would guess they are not showing progress - he is at his level.

Again a huge shame but I don't think it will be one we regret in the future.

Poch quote :
“In the case of Victor, he suffered an injury and another player stepped up and took his place. We are in a team, we are not a charity.
“I am making clear the answer is not about Victor, but we are not a charity – it is about performance and the coaching staff have a lot of different options to play different players.
“I am the coach, I need to take the decision and hope it will be right. Victor is a very important player and, for different circumstances, went backwards.
“That is the evolution of football and things like that happen naturally at all clubs.”

Link 'We are not a charity' - Spurs midfielder close to exit after falling foul of Mauricio Pochettino
These quotes are incredibly harsh from Poch especially considering he would never do that with his favourite Lamela.

These quotes are incredibly harsh from Poch especially considering he would never do that with his favourite Lamela.
At this point we just have to admit that the boss plays favorites. Some players are always going to be given time and a second chance, and some are near undroppable and will be rushed back from injuries (Kane, Alli and Eriksen). Part of that is on merit but the rushed back from injury thing is going to be a problem long term both for the players and the club.

Or failed the medical??

I'm pretty Bruges would have had a lot of access to Wanyama's medical records well before agreeing a fee - and at a PL club like Spurs there's continual monitoring of players condition.

Of course not the same as a medical, but his knees have been bad for 2 years now, so don't think anything that unexpected would come up at a medical.

I'm pretty Bruges would have had a lot of access to Wanyama's medical records well before agreeing a fee - and at a PL club like Spurs there's continual monitoring of players condition.

Of course not the same as a medical, but his knees have been bad for 2 years now, so don't think anything that unexpected would come up at a medical.

No idea, just that it was widely reported he was thier top target and that fees were agreed between the two clubs (not sure if terms agreed between player and Club though) and he did travel there and have a medical and now there is no deal. So what broke down?

From the results it’s the opposite. The medical revealed everything

No idea, just that it was widely reported he was thier top target and that fees were agreed between the two clubs (not sure if terms agreed between player and Club though) and he did travel there and have a medical and now there is no deal. So what broke down?
From the results it’s the opposite. The medical revealed everything

Several rumours on twitter suggesting it was Wanyama financial demands which scuppered the deal ( of course the financial terms would be put forward by his agent)

Several rumours on twitter suggesting it was Wanyama financial demands which scuppered the deal ( of course the financial terms would be put forward by his agent)
iw2io7.jpg

Glad to see he is staying at Tottenham H. He’s a big lump of a player and scare’s the fuck out of many an opponent!

Back
Top Bottom