Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's best for all parties if this goes through. Vic's first season will never be forgotten, but the man is well and truly finished. He's lost everything that made him so good, strength, mobility, athleticism and just being an all round tank. He's now slow, immobile and has lost a lot of his strength, presumably to compensate for his knee. I'd argue he's now behind Ndombele, Winks, Dier and Skipp for the deeper midfield berths.

It's been a pleasure having him at the club, but it's time for him to move on.

In English media, among others, it was reported yesterday that an agreement at club level of more than ten million euros plus bonuses had already been reached, but this was strongly denied by both parties.

Tottenham hopes to capture 12 to 13 million euros for Wanyama, more or less the amount that Spurs paid to Southampton in 2016 for the midfielder. Bruges aims lower in that regard.

Wanyama and Bruges must also reach consensus on the wages of the former midfielder of Beerschot. At Spurs, he earns approximately three million euros a year. In Bruges, only Simon Mignolet pays an amount of that magnitude, making it plausible that after Spurs, Wanyama will also have to add water to the wine

Incidentally if Bruges are indeed waiting to know the results from their next CL match before deciding to finalise a move for Wanyama or not, they play LASK from Austria at home on Wednesday 28th, being 1 -0 up after the away leg.

I guess a number of us may be monitoring their result on Wednesday !

Fucking hell we even made a profit. Incredible.

Good luck Vic

Pleased for him that he'll still get to enjoy a bit of CL rather than dragging himself around with dregs like WestHam.

Cheers Vic... Was a joy to have you for your peak!

Last edited:
Yeah good business.

Questions over was he PL quality at Celtic were dispelled.

He had a great year with us.

Shame about the injury as power and mobility were a big part of his game.

But we have young options there now.

Good luck Big Vic.
Enjoy the spaghetti.

:wanyama:

Injuries have limited the big guy, shame for him but all the best to him at Brugge.
EDIT : I thought he had gone already but I don’t think he has signed yet. Read somewhere the hold up is due to problems with his medical. Hope he gets it all sorted though.

Last edited:
His first season was one of the finest debut campaigns from any Spurs player I've seen in 30 years. Absolute travesty injuries ruined his career here and what should be his peak years are now being spent in a second tier European league. If PL clubs have written him off I'm amazed if he didn't get offers from Italy or France.

Back
Top Bottom