UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perusing some other teams forums to pass the time on the long journey home. Very very funny. All gloating when we were 2-0 down but then nothing, zip, nada thereafter. I must have missed something and the game ended on 44 mins?

Too bad I really like Eric and want him to succeed but he really lost it some time ago and personally think he shouldn't start for us anymore.
Just think he looks way off fitness level required, what’s been going on at training for the last couple of months? Think that’s gonna change as really think he’s in Jose’s plans going forward ( if he can get himself together) which I think will be taken in hand. Jose went way out of his way to defend the substitution, didn’t want to upset Eric too much I feel. Could obviously see something in him to want to take him to United.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Wow, ready to puke first half, some pretty sad man marking.

2. I thought Dier was OK, but down 2 what else can you do?

3. Watching Sanchez take it down the field is like watching a baby giraffe take its first steps.

4. At first I thought Sissoko had scored when Serge nailed it. My head nearly exploded.

5. Winks had good game, but he still gets pushed off the ball too much. Not so much with Sissoko and Ndombele. Beasts.

6. H. Kane’s passing ability is underrate. Spectacular.

7. Dele’s back baby! Less one touch flicks, and the foot skills are full on.

8. Live streams are hit and miss. When it works, watching free 4K is awesome.

Its hard for me to understand how a lot of people can comment with such certainty during games how shit we are, how this is a disaster, how rubbish one of our own whos been at the club from 7 yrs of age is, how many players shouldn't wear the shirt etc

Watch the fucking game and give it a chance ffs.
The internet has given a voice to so many wankers its incredible. Give these guys a chance and give the manager a chance as well.

I’ve already held my hands up. You’re right. Support has to be one way.

But we were genuinely terrible in that first half. We need one position, and that’s a DM. It was a free for all. We can’t play pinball football.

Just think he looks way off fitness level required, what’s been going on at training for the last couple of months? Think that’s gonna change as really think he’s in Jose’s plans going forward ( if he can get himself together) which I think will be taken in hand. Jose went way out of his way to defend the substitution, didn’t want to upset Eric too much I feel. Could obviously see something in him to want to take him to United.
Agree, Purely tactical sub but Dier has looked mediocre at best when we have seen him of late. To be expected with his sickness and injuries the last 18 months or so but hes def a person who can play the position JM wants us to have someone in protecting the back four-we have no one else who can do that as Wanyama is finished and Skipp is inexperienced and unproven so until we see if Dier can improve to the requisite standard or we get another DM Jose will play him more often than not so everyone better get used to it.
Have fingers crossed he will make it but I am not sure he has the quality tbph.

Just seen the BT interview afterwards, very impressive, especialy his coments on Eric Dier. But more than that, I got a really good idea on how he saw the game, which I then sort of combined with how I saw it...

Hard to explain, but he interviews so well when he's in a good mood

Back
Top Bottom