UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That look ...

75584985_2895473257138246_8688032856221417472_o.jpg

Could do the reverse of what they did with Aurier and Davies if you have Sessegnon at LB and Foyth at RB. That would be placing a lot of faith in youth though.

We could but Aurier seems to be really enjoying his new RB/RM role. And I personally see Foyth as a CB/CDM and I think him and Sanchez need a run of games together to see what they can do

Its hard for me to understand how a lot of people can comment with such certainty during games how shit we are, how this is a disaster, how rubbish one of our own whos been at the club from 7 yrs of age is, how many players shouldn't wear the shirt etc

Watch the fucking game and give it a chance ffs.
The internet has given a voice to so many wankers its incredible. Give these guys a chance and give the manager a chance as well.

Once José properly integrates Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sess into the squad I think we’ll be going places.

We have a lot of options that he can mix it up with. It's very fascinating as apart from a sturdy defence and a Llorente type target man we have every option in small doses.

Jose has played it safe with his starting XI so far and rightly so. He's gone with the players he knows and he'll naturally allow mistakes to evolve his selections moving forward I reckon.

Our bench today had Vertonghen, Sessegnon, Eriksen, Ndombele, Lo Celso & Sissoko on it, honestly I've never seen such a diverse and talented Spurs bench in all my life. We have players who can come in and genuinely make a difference if need be and I'm very curious to see how the team is shaping up by May. I fancy Ndombele will have less lung busting runs and become more disciplined, Lo Celso will ease himself into being an important weapon and o think the reason why Jose is going for Eriksen at the moment when he needs him is to show him he values him and to try and convince him to stay. Tottenham with Mourinho is a proposition Eriksen probably doubted he'd see and I think Jose fancies his chances when it comes to convincing him of that. Curious times that will get very exciting if he nabs 1-2 players in as long at they are the right players. I'm so fascinated by it all

I hold my hands up, guilty as charged, I still can’t get my head around Jose.

But he is supporting the team so much. He is showering praise on them. We all know they’re struggling, but I think he’s doing the right thing. Our players need some love.

And I say that as someone who was digging them out at half time.
Not something that’s easy to admit when not questioned, I don’t profess to be a tactician or anything close but he worked out what was wrong and changed it early with Dier even though as a new manager that’s a risk. Long term I can see why a group may fall out with him, but I’d sooner have a manager who isn’t scared to be cut throat in the short term.

Not something that’s easy to admit when not questioned, I don’t profess to be a tactician or anything close but he worked out what was wrong and changed it early with Dier even though as a new manager that’s a risk. Long term I can see why a group may fall out with him, but I’d sooner have a manager who isn’t scared to be cut throat in the short term.
Post match IV he apologised to Dier and explained why he needed more creativity.
Dele also said post match he thought he himself deserved to be subbed and said it could have been anyone.

Just got home.

Stood in 218, my 3 pals went to get the beers before half time. Said before they went, we have this.

Kudos to the youngsters in front of me, had a great night. Singing away, and we smashed em on the end. Up the spurs

I’ll take a win in Europe all day long

Back
Top Bottom