Tottenham Vs Newcastle - 12.30pm - 2nd Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best comment on the match thread by a mile..
I thought others were better.
open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg

Best comment on the match thread by a mile..

Thanks mate, I mean I said it later in thread, fine if it’s one of those games where Lloris Jan and Toby are passing to themselves there’s fuck all going forward and nobody wants the ball but this was positive intent for 90 mins

Every miss pass treated like a hanging offense now, it’s extraordinary

So let me get this straight..

On wednesday - Poch was a Twat for picking Lorente ( who is useless) and Lucas should start..
Today, Poch is a Twat for starting Lucas and Lorente should have started and would've had a hat-trick at half time.

To summarise, Poch is a Twat and hasn't got a clue what he's doing.. Blinding match commentary Chaps. ,

Going on

Poch is a twat for bringing Llorente on who proceeded to make your mate Andy Carroll look like Messi

But then I’m a twat along with a few others for suggesting bringing Llorente replaced Lucas at half time

Poch was also a twat for keeping Sonny on right up until he scored

bus-conductor will be a twat if he doesn’t rate Sissoko at least a 9 in his much anticipated match report
Hope he does it tonight or I won’t sleep

Will you be a twat Billy if the Spammers beat the Dippers and you haven’t got behind them and we win the league???

Tottenham's injury problems are laughable - Benitez

Benitez talking shit. Up until the game midweek we have had to do without 3 players ranked in the top 33 most valuable globally,mas well as have to do without the one ranked 34th (Davinson) for 12 games already this season. Vertonghen missed 18 games this season, Dele 3 individual spells out seeing him miss 14 games so far and counting etc.

These aren't shitty Joselu type players and we aren't where they are where they can afford 1 win every 4 games. .

Literally who else in club football at the moment can claim to have players of Kane's & Dele's calibre out injured at the moment? Oh yeah but it's laughable because they're going without players like Ken Darlow. Fucking idiot we did him without two of our most precious jewels, a little praise would be more gracious than pointing at the rest of our squad which boasts a player relegated with them prior to signing with us in Sissoko, a player who barely survived relegation with Swansea in Llorente and yet again NO home advantage.

Two wins in such circumstances without your 2/3s of your genuine match winners is top class.

Benitez talking shit. Up until the game midweek we have had to do without 3 players ranked in the top 33 most valuable globally,mas well as have to do without the one ranked 34th (Davinson) for 12 games already this season. Vertonghen missed 18 games this season, Dele 3 individual spells out seeing him miss 14 games so far and counting etc.

These aren't shitty Joselu type players and we aren't where they are where they can afford 1 win every 4 games. .

Literally who else in club football at the moment can claim to have players of Kane's & Dele's calibre out injured at the moment? Oh yeah but it's laughable because they're going without players like Ken Darlow. Fucking idiot we did him without two of our most precious jewels, a little praise would be more gracious than pointing at the rest of our squad which boasts a player relegated with them prior to signing with us in Sissoko, a player who barely survived relegation with Swansea in Llorente and yet again NO home advantage.

Two wins in such circumstances without your 2/3s of your genuine match winners is top class.
Spanish waiter doing free PR work for Liverpool.

Shocking.
:pocheyes:

All that is needed from his press conference is this:

"Yeah, so I had the boys park the bus. And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling Son."

Currently sat in the pub waiting for my mate to get in from making a phone call, so I certainly hope my judgement is clouded.

Thought we were good. Should have buried some chances, but that's what happens when you're suddenly missing the best striker in the world. Llorente solid when he came on. Vertonghen a very good left back. Wembley shite. Ghanaian food near the ground surprisingly nice.

Solid 3 points - it's in their court now.

I'm sat under the TV in the pub as the only person here not interested in what's going on. May start windmilling. COYS.

And just imagine if we HAD signed someone there hadn’t been a World Cup we were in and settled in our new gaff we were/are playing well....with a fully fit squad......just imagine :rolleyes:

Bore off..... Rather stay buzzin' thx.

This was a very difficult game, Newcastle are seriously tough defensively.
Lucas I felt for, he tried but couldn't make an impression.
Eriksen poor by his standards, but stopped 2 probable goals in the first half so can't say he wasn't trying. Can't fucking say that about any of our lads. From the first whistle I thought the desire was there, maybe not always the quality, but brilliant effort from everyone.
I mentioned Sanchez before kick off but man he was comfy as fuck today, had Rondon easily under control.

When I heard the commentator say we have scored 13 headers (most by any team in PL) and Newcastle had conceded the most headed goals this season, I knew that even if they had no centre backs or goalkeeper we would never score a header today! So pleased for Llorente, that asist keeps his mojo bubbling nicely.

We are quite good at this football stuff really!
:pochsmirk:

FKs aside.... This.

I think he’s saying that more to make a point to Ashley.

Back
Top Bottom