Tottenham Vs Newcastle - 12.30pm - 2nd Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Let's go second!!

Toon.jpg

Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
COYS
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif

Last edited:
Being a little presumptuous here, but we have the advantage of playing Brown Ale before the rest kick a ball, but that goes to plan (in typical Spurs fashion it probably won’t) but let’s say it does....What’s the chances Tin of Spam turn over Liverpool?
They can be complete shit or half decent, my gut says they might just nick this....by god things would get interesting then...if that all pans out I’d definitely want a City win as well, that would all but seal top 4 for us and keep City interested too #pressure on Liverpool!!

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Moura, Son, Eriksen , Llorente ][/formation]

Hit them hard and bury this game by half time please.
Llorente can’t be dropped after that, it would be an absurdity now and Jan seemed to have a knock.

Option to bring on Dier and Lamela later

All we can do is win our games. It would be nice to get the win of course, but to temporarily go second, and close that gap to 4 to the dippers would put some pressure on. Other results going our way would be nice too, and strengthens than too 4 position. The scousers will drop points, imeven if it’s just a few draws here or there like last night. They can be got at.

----------------------Lloris-------------------
KWP--------Toby------Vertonghen---Rose
------------------------Dier----------------------
--------------Sissoko----Eriksen------------
------------------------Lucas-----------------
-----------------Llorente-----Son--------------

I was at SJP for the 90s match when we lost 7-1. Have been waiting for us to dish it out to them in an equal measure ever since. It's why I was booing loudly after we won 5-0 against them under Harry Redknapp (shortly before his meltdown) as frankly that scoreline just wasn't enough for me.

:wansum:

I am assuming the subs last night were not for injuries. Aurier did little wrong that I recall and I can see the need to get Moura on but why switch Sissoko there when he could have gone off. Hope he is fit. Sanchez got bullied by Rondon last season when playing for WBA and I would not play him and revert to back 4 and if Poch wants a back 3 the play Foyth but on the right. Can Rose play another match. I hope so but if not then I would play Aurier or KWP there as Davies unlikely to be fit.
More controversy I would not play Llorente again as that would be 5 matches at his age and whilst our saviour last night he was poor the rest of the time.
Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Lamela, Moura, Son.

I would be tempted to start Moura and leave Son on the bench. Either one brings great pace later in the game, but Sonny put in a full 90 after his international duty. Poch needs to keep everyone fresh for the stretch run.

Back
Top Bottom