Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would absolutely love to see Lamela start this in fact I think its critical he does. Need Sanchez in and not Jan at LB whether it be Rose or Sess we can't stick verts out there.

Gaz

Aurier Toby Sanchez Sess

Lo Celso Winks Eriksen

Son Dele Lamela
I like this lineup as well. The one I put together is similar but has a midfield of Lo Celso-Dier-Winks.

I could see the argument for dropping Dier for Eirksen, it's certainly a brave choice (or a smart one given Dier has been lack luster and off pace). I'm just not sure Eriksen would do enough in a game like this.

Chester/ Yukon Chester/ Yukon

What exactly do you think Skipp and Winks have that make them more likely to be made mincemeat of than other options we have available.

Both are more tenacious, mobile and technically capable than Dier. Both will give us a better chance of not being hemmed in and squeezed by Liverpool's press than the likes of Dier or Sissoko (if he was available) or even Alli or Eriksen in midfield.

I think confusing height with footballing attributes or ranking them in the order.
Speaking on the level l'm with you on many things brother . Sissoko is a fuckwit , Dier is a douchbag and Eriksen has not played well in over a year. Dele 1/5 any decent performances but a light weight slowish , hardly any creativity, W.S. duo will be ripped apart.
I haven't answers because nearly all our options are shit in midfield.

We're gonna be handed a new arsehole. Ripped and torn to shreds. They'll be laughing at us. Showing the players the CL trophy and winding them up. Reminding them what monumental failures they all are.

Glad I'm out on Saturday so I can pretend this humiliation is not happening.

Just swap Eriksen for Bale already. Just fucking do it you pricks!!!!!

Is Bale CL cup tied? Is there a difference after the group stages?

Get in Bale and a decent midfielder. That should be sufficient to turn it round.

Couple of decent CB's too but that can wait.

We're gonna be handed a new arsehole. Ripped and torn to shreds. They'll be laughing at us. Showing the players the CL trophy and winding them up. Reminding them what monumental failures they all are.

Glad I'm out on Saturday so I can pretend this humiliation is not happening.

Just swap Eriksen for Bale already. Just fucking do it you pricks!!!!!

Is Bale CL cup tied? Is there a difference after the group stages?

Get in Bale and a decent midfielder. That should be sufficient to turn it round.

Couple of decent CB's too but that can wait.
What’s your function on here, because as far as I can gather you’re a massive cunt.

We’ve got through crap seasons before. Some of us are quite good at it.

Just write it off.

The problem though is that the squad needs a rebuild and for that to work you need a proactive recruitment strategy, a manager that is good at building a new team and patience.

We have none of the above imo and I'd be shocked if Jose is still our manager this time next year.

Levy and ENIC need to go.

Just write it off.

The problem though is that the squad needs a rebuild and for that to work you need a proactive recruitment strategy, a manager that is good at building a new team and patience.

We have none of the above imo and I'd be shocked if Jose is still our manager this time next year.

Levy and ENIC need to go.

I don’t think José can turn this around. We became a boring team to watch under Poch, and with José’s apparent faith in the old guard I don’t see that changing. I’ve never been a trophy junkie, but I do like to see us play zippy football. The stuff we dish up at the moment sends me to sleep.

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Winks - Dier - Lo Celso
Lamela - Lucas
Son​

Dele needs dropping, no more passenger performances. Lamela will fight and work hard. Almost tempted to throw Skipp in there, he is due a chance.

I could tolerate it until the summer though...
Knowing we’d win every game? Fair enough, but you’d get bored of it pretty quickly.

I was in a posh Indian restaurant in Beaconsfield (Solid Utd heartland) with friends, when Utd won nearly every game they played (so fucking years ago) and I heard a woman at the next table say “I didn’t buy a season ticket to watch them lose.” At the time I thought that comment was ridiculous, but now I see it’s becoming the norm. And some of our fans are the worst for it.

Knowing we’d win every game? Fair enough, but you’d get bored of it pretty quickly.

I was in a posh Indian restaurant in Beaconsfield (Solid Utd heartland) with friends, when Utd won nearly every game they played (so fucking years ago) and I heard a woman at the next table say “I didn’t buy a season ticket to watch them lose.” At the time I thought that comment was ridiculous, but now I see it’s becoming the norm. And some of our fans are the worst for it.
I could handle it to the summer. 2trophies

I could handle it to the summer. 2trophies
And good luck with that Sean. I don’t want to be a mardy cunt - and I’m not usually pessimistic, but this team, with this manager, doesn’t have a prayer of winning anything. We’re too pedestrian, and with our most pedestrian players signed up for another 3 years, we will continue to be.

I understand you were talking about a perfect world mate, and more power to you.

Back
Top Bottom