Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last time Winks played in that position against Liverpool he was torn to pieces.

i would set us up as follows

aurier ...........sanchez.........toby...........rose

sissoko..........dier.........winks........ sess

...........le celso ................son...........

later on in the game can bring on moura and lamela for sess and sissoko,

i would set us up as follows

aurier ...........sanchez.........toby...........rose

sissoko..........dier.........winks........ sess

...........le celso ................son...........

later on in the game can bring on moura and lamela for sess and sissoko,

Sissoko is out for 6 weeks

foyth-sancaz-alde-sess
dier
lo-celso - lamela\ndombele(injured?)
lucas - son
dele
Young (except Toby)and talented (except dier) . I would go like this ... but i know aurier and verts will play, so god help us

7JvTniY.png

Subs: Vorm, Foyth, KWP, Skipp, Winks, Lamela, Lo Celso
Injured: Lloris, Davies, Rose, Ndombele, Sissoko, Kane
Sorry dude Lamela and GLC deserve to start.

I'm just curious who will even be fit for this in our midfield. I wonder if we will be forced to play a combo like Winks/Dier if we play a midfield 2.

This is almost a free hit, nobody takes points off these guys so why not come out and try something interesting? What about Dele as a false 9 and a 4-3-3?

-------------Gazza-----------
Aurier-Toby-Sanchez-Jan
---Lo Celso-Dier-Winks---
------Lucas-Dele-Son------

We probably aren't winning regardless but that formation allows you to drop into a 4-51 in defense to apply pressure on TAA and Robertson. There's no real good options with Kane out regardless.

Would absolutely love to see Lamela start this in fact I think its critical he does. Need Sanchez in and not Jan at LB whether it be Rose or Sess we can't stick verts out there.

Gaz

Aurier Toby Sanchez Sess

Lo Celso Winks Eriksen

Son Dele Lamela

Well shitter teams have made mincemeat of Dier and Sissoko this season so there’s fuck all to lose really.

Chester/ Yukon Chester/ Yukon

What exactly do you think Skipp and Winks have that make them more likely to be made mincemeat of than other options we have available?

Both are more tenacious, mobile and technically capable than Dier. Both will give us a better chance of not being hemmed in and squeezed by Liverpool's press than the likes of Dier or Sissoko (if he was available) or even Alli or Eriksen in midfield.

Last edited:
Not done one of these team selection/formation things before but here goes.

----------------------------------- N29 Bus---------------------------------------------

---A big Rottweiler ---- Hagrid ---- The Hulk ----- An even bigger Rottweiler--------------

----------------------The England chapter of the Hells Angels(x 3 )---------------------------------

-------Usain Bolt ---- Harry Kane(in wheel chair) ----- SAS Sniper ------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom