Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And good luck with that Sean. I don’t want to be a mardy cunt - and I’m not usually pessimistic, but this team, with this manager, doesn’t have a prayer of winning anything. We’re too pedestrian, and with our most pedestrian players signed up for another 3 years, we will continue to be.

I understand you were talking about a perfect world mate, and more power to you.
Joe, i agree with you.Not confident at all for the rest of the season.
Just the thought of a couple of trophies cheered me up.
Its a fantasy thought :)

Fuck me the sissoko injury is horrendous. Coupled with ndombele being permacrocked. We now have a choice of dier, winks and skipp. That is genuine relegation/championship calibre. If we don't sign a proper dm then we all may as well resign ourselves to a long 2nd half of the season.

Speaking on the level l'm with you on many things brother . Sissoko is a fuckwit , Dier is a douchbag and Eriksen has not played well in over a year. Dele 1/5 any decent performances but a light weight slowish , hardly any creativity, W.S. duo will be ripped apart.
I haven't answers because nearly all our options are shit in midfield.

...The fuck is a W.S. duo?

Fuck me the sissoko injury is horrendous. Coupled with ndombele being permacrocked. We now have a choice of dier, winks and skipp. That is genuine relegation/championship calibre. If we don't sign a proper dm then we all may as well resign ourselves to a long 2nd half of the season.

Wanyama has to feature at some point.
We cannot keep putting Eriksen or Dele in there.....it’s Poch-esque

It's the hope that kills you!

Of course, but that's the life of the majority of football fans.

Having to dog-fight for top four is hardly veritable footballing poverty for a fan.

First world problems; nut up one and all.

Last edited:
We should all try to be positive because Liverpool are not actually as good as the table indicates. They have had a lot of luck this season especially with VAR and have squeaked a lot of single goal wins. Only a couple of months ago Son had a great chance to make it 2-0 at Anfield but hit the bar- had it gone in we could have won. Last season at Anfield we should have won with Sissoko missing a great chance before Lloris bumped into Toby in the last minute. At home we had Mane taking Son’s standing foot away in injury time which was not given as a penalty which would have been a draw. I know we are not playing well and have injuries but we are due some good fortune against them. If José picks the right team then it may not be the stuffing many of us are expecting. However will he pick the right team- probably not on recent form

Our lack of someone to hold the ball up and take the pressure off of us is my biggest concern....

The shit-house, ugly part I feel we can do; although that's gonna be harder without Sissoko.

Last edited:
Gaz
Aurier-Toby-Dav-Vert
Winks- Dier- Lo Celso
Lucas-Son-Lamela
I don't think Skipp should start as he hasn't played in forever and Pool isn't the team to test him. I DO think he is a must start against Boro on tuesday. Its a good opportunity to give him a chance to get game time and see if he's up for it

Sounds mental but id actually go with two up top against this lot and try and get Lucas and Son running between the fullbacks and the centrebacks on the break. Flat midfield and quick balls up top... which obviously we wont do as we never move the ball quickly.

Not the kind of thing id normally advocate at home but what else can we do

Would rather have 10 men over dier in midfield.

I swear almost every single big chance for opponents can be traced back to his shit play. And the way he refuses to try and receive the ball is just as harmful. He will get absolutely murdered vs the scousers.

Back
Top Bottom