Tottenham vs Juventus (Friendly)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cannot understand Sissoko. There is an immense player in there somewhere, but he chooses to piss it all up the wall.
Should go to jail for that.

I think a lot depends on what he's being asked to do, he's a very limited player, any form of intricate build up play is not for him.

He's needs space to run into and balls to chase down.

Maybe it's just me, but seems when spurs win all the melts just disappear? :dembelefingers:
I assume by melts you mean people like me. Whereas to me the melts are people like you who lose their shit every time someone dare questions the depth of our squad for a long, possible 60 game season ahead. Now those melters almost disappeared for 24 hours after the City game. As it happens, I wasn't able to watch today's match. But by all accounts, it was a much improved performance. Let's hope it doesn't bring about an air of complacency though. There's much work to be done, and money to be spent, in the 3 weeks or so we have left.

I assume by melts you mean people like me. Whereas to me the melts are people like you who lose their shit every time someone dare questions the depth of our squad for a long, possible 60 game season ahead. Now those melters almost disappeared for 24 hours after the City game. As it happens, I wasn't able to watch today's match. But by all accounts, it was a much improved performance. Let's hope it doesn't bring about an air of complacency though. There's much work to be done, and money to be spent, in the 3 weeks or so we have left.
no wasn't talking about you directly, but when we loose to mac shitty in a friendly every cunt is on here complaining, but those same people are no where to be seen when we win are they? Coincidence I'm sure.....:dembelefingers:

no wasn't talking about you directly, but when we loose to mac shitty in a friendly every cunt is on here complaining, but those same people are no where to be seen when we win are they? Coincidence I'm sure.....:dembelefingers:
Fair enough. But when we play well, which it sounds like we did today, I guess there isn't much to bitch and moan about. So those who like to let off a bit of steam tend to chill out rather than come on here. I'm sure they'll be back when we have a poor game

Fair enough. But when we play well, which it sounds like we did today, I guess there isn't much to bitch and moan about. So those who like to let off a bit of steam tend to chill out rather than come on here. I'm sure they'll be back when we have a poor game

Hopefully this season we will play so well they won't get a chance to vent on here! :pochsmirk:
Think we will get a few much needed reinforcements next week as well ready to challenge our starting 11, let's hope trippier is back asap as well, looked really sharp today, as much as I loved Walker if trippier is fit and and cross like that every game he won't be missed!

Has a preseason friendly usually these intense? Its getting quite competitive now.
I think one thing is clear now. Our squad is fooking immense when they are focus.
But one thing also worthy of an answer. Can we improve from this squad? The anwer has to be YES. Whatever however great anybody think our squad is right now, even if they can win all that can be win, we still have to keep improving.
The scary thing now is that almost all of our starting players are irreplaceable. It also is scary to think that our creativity all came from Eriksen, Dele, Trippier and Toby to some extent. Guys like Sissoko, as good as he can be, he hasnt got the vision to create anything.

If they put as much effort in when we win, as they do when we lose, then there would probably be a lot less 'YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING MELTS' being thrown about.

It's the fact they only turn up when we lose, to slag all the players and Levy off - yet are nowhere to be seen when we win - that grinds gears.

If they put as much effort in when we win, as they do when we lose, then there would probably be a lot less 'YOU BUNCH OF FUCKING MELTS' being thrown about.

It's the fact they only turn up when we lose, to slag all the players and Levy off - yet are nowhere to be seen when we win - that grinds gears.
Maybe. I think some of them do come on here when we're winning, but because they're not melting they aren't noticed so much. When we do play poorly I myself have a total personality meltdown. I either smash up the house and anyone that's in it, or I come on here and put my emotions in to words instead

I think a lot depends on what he's being asked to do, he's a very limited player, any form of intricate build up play is not for him.

He's needs space to run into and balls to chase down.

It think Sissoko could do well in Trippier's place - he's strong, can tackle, is fast..?

Sorry mate, had to do it...

Capture.jpg

It think Sissoko could do well in Trippier's place - he's strong, can tackle, is fast..?

Does he also have: defensive positioning / discipline, concentration / awareness to follow runners, crossing, ability to dribble in tight areas, etc ?

I think we need to get him pretty much solely in the oppositions third / half, his play causes chaos for both the opposition and his teammates.

Does he also have: defensive positioning / discipline, concentration / awareness to follow runners, crossing, ability to dribble in tight areas, etc ?

I think we need to get him pretty much solely in the oppositions third / half, his play causes chaos for both the opposition and his teammates.

I keep noticing that he seems to overlap into that position anyway - he seems to be good at protecting the wing in our own half, then playing the ball to Dembele/Eriksen.

He's less useful in the last quarter imo - he's a strong and fast battering ram with a good eye for the ball, but not a sublime or skillful player.

Back
Top Bottom