Tottenham vs Juventus (Friendly)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are pleased to announce that our first team will face Juventus in a pre-season friendly at Wembley Stadium, connected by EE, on Saturday, August 5, kick-off 5.30pm.

Ticket prices for this start from £35, plus a 10% booking fee, plus £1 for the privilege of printing off your own ticket at home.

A 20,000 crowd at Wembley sure is gonna look bad.

We are pleased to announce that our first team will face Juventus in a pre-season friendly at Wembley Stadium, connected by EE, on Saturday, August 5, kick-off 5.30pm.

Ticket prices for this start from £35, plus a 10% booking fee, plus £1 for the privilege of printing off your own ticket at home.

A 20,000 crowd at Wembley sure is gonna look bad.

£40 (inc.) per ticket for a friendly... We'll be lucky to get 20k!

:pochunimpressed:

£40 (inc.) per ticket for a friendly... We'll be lucky to get 20k!

:pochunimpressed:
I'm severely tempted to get an U18 ticket for me and a 65+ ome for the old man. They're taking the piss with those prices and don't see how they're gonna tell when it's paper tickets rather than membership cards. Might be a good option for anyone who can pass themselves off as either age.

And I fucking hate booking fees, what a load of bollocks, would soften the blow and show a touch of honesty if they said tickets cost £38.50 of which £3.50 is a booking fee. Its bloody miss selling and you may have noticed pisses me off big time and tried to get on the new ticketing platform but it wont let me add people to my network oh joy!

Fuck that.
I was torn between this & going to Santa Pod for the weekend for their street car bonanza with live music (including Bugzy Malone & a drum and base tent) & pole dancers.
I ain't paying £40 upwards for a friendly so it's a weekend on the piss at santa pod watching supercars & Nubile young ladies.
The club really does miss a trick sometimes.

I don't think this is an event run by Tottenham, remember we don't own Wembley!

Spurs are unlikely to have anything to do with the pricing of this event
You're probably right, but it's August so a lot of folk will still be on holiday/saving for holiday spends, and I don't think you'll see a crowd of more than 35,000. At half the price, I think we would fill the ground & whoever prices the tickets would make more money by selling double (or more) the number of tickets.

I agree that the pricing is all wrong but this isn't Tottenham's event, we've been invited to it just like Juve have been. We've no right to set pricing, that's up to the promoter isn't it. We're just playing in the match, not running the event.

They're the company that's hosting the International Champions Cup as well, apparently:
Relevent Sports provides an innovative approach to building a soccer presence in the United States and around the globe.

Relevent Sports showcases the best match-ups and tournaments in soccer featuring the top clubs, international teams and players. In addition to hosting the International Champions Cup annually every summer, Relevent Sports works closely with national teams including Brazil, Argentina and Portugal to host exhibition matches in major sports venues throughout the year.

Utilizing brand development, grassroots planning, corporate sponsors, international touring and philanthropic initiatives, Relevent Sports promotes and grows the love of soccer worldwide.
About Relevent

Can't even spell relevant...

Edit: not you but the company
I guess it's intentional to shoehorn the word 'event', but you probably figured that out for yourself anyway

Rel-EVENT.

It's a play on words. :llorishowudoin:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom