Tottenham vs Juventus (Friendly)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have we made any adjustments to the Wembley pitch? IIRC the size didn't suit us last year
Pitch size 90% does not matter.

If the size of Wembley's pitch doesn't suit us, then why did we smash Leicester 6-1 whose pitch size is the same width and only 1 yard shorter?

This is a problem that only exists in our minds.

Control, tempo, accurate, composed, from Right to back, to left, to right, to centre, goal....

Difficult for me to explain in English, but this combination has worked so many times against all kinds of opposition. Hold the ball, pull the opponents to the left side to the pitch and immediately try to ping the ball to the right to Trippier. Cross and goal.

We have also tried it with Davies in the past games and today, but he can deliver them as well. Let's see how Rose will do once he is back.

Fairly respectable all things considered.
Agreed. That place is so massive it's hard to get your head around that the middle and lower tier holds a combined +50,000!!

I was going to go today, if I could get my hands on a £24 ticket, there wasn't one available, which looking at where those seats were located and the spaces available is an absolute con. Just seen this on twitter, wish I just turned up and did this.

Last edited:
Why wouldnt you prefer him to play well for us instead

Well according to the media he wants to go, if so and we get a good price we can hopefully us it to pay for more contracts and a few signings. Happy he played well for us but not expecting him here.

I thought Vertonghen was absolutely brilliant today too. So assured, Strong and confident on the ball. Aggressive in the air, Top man.

It's still only pre-season but I was impressed today, given how the last game went. Particularly strong down the right side even with changes.

Back
Top Bottom